Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know this is a long shot, but since most of the people despise their chrome strip in the back and don't want to deal with painting chrome plastic, maybe we can get something going for the prepainted STi one. Just throwing it out there. Maybe some people have connections to get parts or whatnot.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Im sure in, any respectable price will be consider since canadian dealer are overprice (alway 50% more than U.S retails)
so count me in if you can get a deal

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm all in as long as the price is not too absurd. Anyone got the goods on where to get the STi strip?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
any dealer should carry i guess, just need to find the on who will give the best deal

·
Registered
51 Posts
guaranteed, I'm in.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i'll try to find some friendly dealers when i get some free time. If anyone knows where/who to contact for this kinda stuff, let me know or feel free to take over, i figured i would plant the seed and maybe watch it grow haha.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's what I got so far:
This is the e-mail from www.subarugenuineparts.com:

"Hello
thank you for your email

2008 Sti body colored piece you are referring to does not come prepainted and will need to BE painted

Cost should be $45-50 for the unpainted piece

Jamie Thomas
Internet Parts Manager
www.subarugenuineparts.com"

I thought they would come prepainted like the sports grill, and i'm not sure if that price is actually a group deal price or just what people can expect to pay for it .... how much do you guys think painting one would cost?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hum, both last time i email them for the STI wing they wrote me back this:

Also have just learned the item comes UNPAINTED only
all prepainted pieces have been removed from inventory

so i dunno if they mean from their inventory or from subaru inventory.

·
Registered
646 Posts
must be nice to have an sti in ur color :'( , but if they can do satin white pearl im in

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
its weird cause i got the STI canadian brochure and the STI inst offered in lighting red and satin white (aspen white instead) over the border

·
Registered
646 Posts
it shouldnt cost much to paint it. its relatively small, paint would be really the only expensive part. if someone on here worked at a body shop and could paint say 10 at a time in 1 color, i dout it would be that much. group buy on the piece and group buy on the paint FTW!

·
Registered
126 Posts
No doubt. I would rather have an unpainted one painted black on my SWP hatch than the chrome.. but no, I do want in on the GB and maybe a GB for some Satin White paint too!

·
Registered
382 Posts
FYI in a related note: I've worked with Jamie before and they offer solid customer service, I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it's just going to be easier to have them painted. I had mine painted to match for $60, not much at all really...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Presently getting my first oil change (hey, it's free..) and talked to the parts guy at Sommer's in Mequon, WI. They've got the strip for $72, unpainted. I'm getting an estimate for a quick spray from their body shop now. I'll edit/update later with final cost.

On another note, I looked into getting the side view turning signals from the STi. From what it looks like, the only difference is a different cover, allowing space for a side signal. Unfortunately, each cover is $73, and each lens/lamp is $173. So, figure about $500, without paint (I'm guessing.) to do that...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Presently getting my first oil change (hey, it's free..) and talked to the parts guy at Sommer's in Mequon, WI. They've got the strip for , unpainted. I'm getting an estimate for a quick spray from their body shop now. I'll edit/update later with final cost.
Why not just take the one you have now off and have that painted? The money you spend for another strip would pay for the paint, and you are going to have that other one just lying around. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts