Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well figured it was time for me to make a journal of the history of my 08 DGM hatch. I purchased the car in feb of 08 after months of bull crap with my 05 SRT-4. Was getting pulled over all the time for my wing being to big or not having a muffler, SRT-4 came with no muffler! So after walking into one Subaru dealer and getting the cold shoulder due to them thinking i was not serious i walked out and headed 20 miles north to the next one, Drove home a few days later with my new car.

A few shots of P-Day. nice nose and even hotter ass.

Seems that i have a problem, i void warranties before i even buy a car. So i knew i was getting a WRX and had some extra $ so i bought a Cobb SS with bushings and a AP cold air intake. (at this point in time it wasnt really known that you needed to tune for cia's. a few pics of the goods.

So I was a member of 3gwrx before i bought the wrx, after some research and question asking (yes even the clammy was a noob at one point) I bought a Tsudo N1 Cat back, had it shipped to work i was so excited when it arrived!

So im liking the car and the sound but craving more power. I give Perrin a call, end up ordering a Invidia DP and a AP, come to find out the DP is on back order. i like communication, Perrin was lacking at the time so i canceled my order for the DP and made a few calls, found the last Invidia DP in CT and had it shipped to me.

I got tired of the Dongle getting in the way of my giant feet on the AP so i hardwired the AP to the car :) I also found a cell phone holder and mounted that as a AP holder.

I read an article on Carbon fiber fabric, thought it looked sweet so, I bought some and gave it a go.

I decided that it would be a good idea to see what my boost and a/f were at all the time so i bought a glowshift electric boost guage and a glowshift AF guage. (do not buy this garbage, they wouldnt even take a return due to there shityy guages not working right)

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal

Got in on one of the awesome rallitek group buys on the Front and rear sways with hd end links. absolutly love them, have to be my second favorite mod other than the coils. I do not have pics of this yet.

After blowing my struts 3 times (may have been due to vice grips the first time) I decided to go coils, as subaru was not going to replace them agaoin for free. Decided on BC BR series coils.

So after the coils and driving the crap outa the car i balded my stock tires really fast. Decided it was time for some nice rubber. Then i realized i didnt like the stock rims, i was time to find some nice wheels. after a few weeks of searching i came across some enkie's i loved, they were mine before the guy could tell me the price. :)

Got tired of the sound of the stock stero head unit, did some research and found Pioneer avic 700bt would fit my needs perfect.

I5/5/10 Installed Group N engine mounts and Meagan UEL header. damn does the car sound sexy, and I do not wish the install of the engine mounts with the use of just jackstands to anyone! 6.5 hours later and they are in.

Stock

Group N

Do not have pics of the header on as it took forever to install the damn motor mounts, 6.5 hours to be exact. with install of header.

Still needed to be installed:
AVO fuel pump, so tiny :)

Attended wiked big meet where we saw well over 100 fellow 3g's 99% of them had no idea what 3gwrx was, so i informed them :) While there i acquired a torqued performance pitch stop for $40 brand new. got home and installed it that night :)

got this core for $75 off a friend and the piping off the same friend for $100. ITs off a legacy, not sure of year but it fits nice, only needed to make a few modifications to get it to fit nice. Took it all off so i can clean and paint the piping.

Fits with perrin cold air, looks like you could keep fogs to.

9/20/10

Got the parts to finish the front mount up.

Pic of one of the notches i had to cut to get the Front mount core to fit.

I have been looking for a subwoofer upgrade for a while and it just so happened that my sister was trading in her scion, she had a custom box built to fit her spare tire well. So i traded her my box for her's. with a few modifications and a little trimming
we have a nice looking box :)

11/30/10
Got into a accident on 11/24/10 rear ended a guy that decided he wasnt going to go through a green turning yellow light. good news is im getting a CF hood out of the deal. so the guy in front of the guy ing front of me slammed on his brakes, then the guy infront of me slammed on his, so i slammed on mine and i slid into him. brakes in the 3gs suck! abs my ass. I swerved to avoid frame damage and looks like i did
:)
looks like i need a hood, headlight, rad, bumper beam, rad support, and 2 fenders.

12/13/10 new hood and master cylinder brace arrived. Should have car back within the week.

4/9/11​
Ordered a bunch of Whiteline parts along with one step colder plugs, GrimmSpeed copper gaskets and a AEM wideband EUGO.​
Just a few exhuast leaks... no wonder i wasnt hitting target boost.​
Bung welded in for AEM​
Wide band in and functioning​

Whiteline Gear Box mount Bushings (KDT901)
Whiteline Positive Power kit (KDT902)
Whiteline Rear Differential Inserts (KDT903)
Whiteline Rear sway bar support bars (KB-003-Rear)
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings (KRS207 Whiteline Rear shifter Bushing (KB-003-Rear)
TP rear shifty thingy
Also lowered the car, New stance, still want to go another 1/2 inch in front.​

4/16/11​
Meagan UEL header decided to turn its self to a 2 piece header last week while installing Copper gaskets. Pm'd Josh at IIR and ordered up a 2 piece FMS header.​

Things i still need to buy:

Fuel rails , not sure on who im going with here.
Injectors, probally 750's
GT3076R rotated turbo kit from perrin. Wanted to put one of these turbos on my SRT-4 but never got around to it. :(
I really need to get better guages, the glowshift i have are falling apart and are loud. looking at fuel pressure, boost, AF, and oil pressure to start.
Tripple A pillar pod made by NYRM to house the guages.
Brembo brakes in red, hate the way my stock brakes make the car look like poo after the rim install. while i do this ill throw in some fluid and lines. still waiting on a mounting solution for the rears.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Random pics of the car, all throughout the progress.

Drunk driver + driveway and rock wall = rolled over truck and rock wall boulders all over the place.

3GWRX car meet at bear mnt NY

OCC ASPCA caar meet 2009

3G wreppin

College parking ticket... no way in hell i was going to pay it

Got snow?

Photoshoot in the backyard.

Wiked big meet 2010

·
Registered
490 Posts

i love it! another former SRT 4 owner crossing over the the AWD side... good choice nothing beats the sound of the boxer motor n e ways lol i had a stage 3 srt 4 and i dunno even though i had way more power with my srt i have more fun with my subie...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

So which/whos map are you running? Have you put it on a dyno at all?

Any exterior cosmetic mods since you bought it? That neffy wrap looks sick. I wish I could see it in person so I could compare it with my 3M stuff.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

your 3m stuff is way better looking i bet. I have to finish adding all my mods to the post, i got tired of typing and searching for pics. Im going to add all the other mods this week up to today. then add future mods section and my progress on that. I have yet to put her on a dyno, planning on that once i get an avo fuel pump and headers from redcharge on.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

YOU bought those headers! lol I was HIGHLY debating buying them for that price. Very good buy sir. Are you gonna get a dyno/road tune for that fuel pump or try and find a suitable OTS map?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

sucks you got harassed so much with that srt4

·
Registered
42 Posts

Ohh my god! Did you put a screw into your dash to mount that accessport?

It makes me cringe thinking about it. I'm a professional installer and I never ever screw anything to a dash.. Even if a customer wants it that way, I will find some other way to do it.

Other than that.. good stuff. I see you have the stinger wiring kit too. :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

did you use suede to redo your interior accents?

more pics of the interior!!!

did you get the neffy wrap on the stereo bezel without and cut/creases? i tried sooo hard with the 3m but had to make at least one relief cut for it to sit flush

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

the neffy wrap isnt that great im going to go with the 3M stuff that others are using on the boards, it looks so much better. Im looking at suede for the head liner, and im going to paint the pillars all to match the dash, dont like the tan.

Keep checking back i have something pimping in the works. Custom spare tire well sub box with a S12L7 with flush mounted amps. i just got to get off my ass and get some time to work on it.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

get an aftermarket steering wheel too...it would look tight in your car ;D

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

i think its a DAMD

1 - 20 of 228 Posts