Subaru WRX Forums banner

181 - 200 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/7 Cars back, BBK ordered, Valentine 1 to :)

11/7 Car is back, got to dark to fast to take some pics.

Ordered a Valentine 1 detector and my VEI 52mm valentine 1 gauge display arrived.

Also payed for a 4 pot willwood BBK, and cant wait till the rear gets released so i can put them both on in the spring.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/10 Brakes arrived, :)

sweet! who'd you buy those from

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #186

So im thinking of throwing the BBK on this weekend, THey should do fine over the winter, but then again i dont want them to get screwed up or anything for next years WBM.

Also thinking of buying some more parts: Airpump delete and TGV deletes, Any idea how i can disable the codes on a AP by myself?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

probably with the race tuner software they offer for free i think.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

11/15/11

Been playing around with the 3m CF vinyl. ended up doing all the silver on one door, looks good. 3 to go and the dash and it will look awesome!

Screw up :(

Plenty of overhang now :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

keyth,how hard is that matierial to work with? i really like that look. you can come down to ny and ill pay you to do up my interior like that!! lol

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

Kinda wish I could have got down in the pocket some more, but when I tried it stretched the pattern to much and looked silly. Think I'm going to paint the inside of the pocket flat black or something along those lines.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/30 Plans for reverse mani and blow thru)

I have been working out the details on a blow through setup for a while and finally think i have it all figured out, so it is time to start assembling the parts that will be needed. But i had also wanted to get a STI manifold and install that, I had a mani from a 07 STI but sold it. I heard and now its confirmed that modifications will be needed to install on a 08. So After Chongls revese manifold build my smoldering ashes of a plan has been fuled up once again by the sexyness that could be. A little reserch later i found that what i need is not that expensive and easy to come by Subaru part# 14001AB970 ie 08+ STI Wrinkle red metal instake manifold for $298.30, 3 and change shipped :) I also know that i will have to relocate a few things and make a custom braket thanks to Chongls build post.

Blow Through, this parts fun. I have done alot of research on this topic and to do it correctly so you do not max out the MAP sensor the piping needs to be 3 inch where you place the sensor and the sensor would be atleast 6 inches from the closest curve in pipe. The reason for this is so the turbulance is reduced and the reading will be more accurate. So the MAP will be cold side and the BOV will be hot side around the wheel well in 2.5 piping im thinking.

While im in there i will do a Airpump delete and TGV delete, possibly some spacers to.

Going to start assembling parts over the winter so once it warms up i will be good to go :)

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/30 Plans for reverse mani and blow thru)

so to sum that up:

Add reverse mounted STI manifold
Delete TGV
Delete Air Pump and all crap that goes with
Install Boomba Fuel Rails
Design Custom Piping for front mount with 2.5 hot side and 3 inch Cold side piping with blow through setup.

Possibly install 850cc injectors

Gather goods over winter like a squirell hoards nuts. Then jump into action in spring.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Well I wish a company would make a Blow pass. To run a BOV in full atmospheric. Would sound so sexy.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #198

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Yeah for that price thats crazy. I just want the blow through tubing lol.

181 - 200 of 228 Posts