Subaru WRX Forums banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/30 Plans for reverse mani and blow thru)

That would be cool.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (11/30 Plans for reverse mani and blow thru)

OK clams I made it through the 1st page, and the last 4, I didnt know this thing was 14 pages long! I hope your happy:p
How was laying out/installing the hood latches?

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

hood latches were not nearly as difficult as i thought they would be. Neasure twice cut once remember that. And i used a rotozip and went through 3 blades, they dont like carbon fiber all that much but the cut was perfect, no cracks or tears or anything.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

look what showed up today :) the powder coating is crap but other than that I cant wait to install it.

Some more pics of the areo catch install for DWhite

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

perfect haha, now I know exactly where to cut, and I just happen to have a rotozip so that works perfectly, those things are way sick looking!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #206

UPDATE!

So my mountian of parts is growing... so im going to order some more.

Looking at getting a CF front grill to replace the honey comb 08 grill. im also going to order a rear red I badge to replace the decepticons one on there, also ordering a threaded rod to attach my new red skull shift knob.

Looking at injectors and the rest of the whiteline bushings i have not ordered yet.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (2/2 adding to the growing parts collection)

UPDATE!

Looking at getting a CF front grill to replace the honey comb 08 grill. im also going to order a rear red I badge to replace the decepticons one on there, also ordering a threaded rod to attach my new red skull shift knob.

Looking at injectors and the rest of the whiteline bushings i have not ordered yet.
you gonna finnaly get rid of that damn stock grille? lol. i threw mone in the garbage 3 years ago. im thinking of swapping out my sport grille. im starting to like black grilles on the wrb color cars. you wanna buy a twm gunmetal stainless billet classic shift knob? i never use it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Re: ClamsJager's 08 progress journal (2/2 adding to the growing parts collection)

UPDATE!

be warned on the I badge, sometimes they dont fit well, I had to heat gun mine.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
A NEW GRILL? HOLY CRAP! i thought you would never get rid of the stocker keyth.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What grill did you get clams??

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
5/29/12

Found an awesome oil leak from the oil pressure gauge tap on the top of the engine bay yesterday when i went to instlal the LCA's i bought. There was oil everywhere, Im surprised the car did not burst into fla mes on the trip to or back home from boston on sat. The location its leaking from is the oil bung under the intercooler where Swift tapped into for my oil pressure gauge. This is another strike against them, thinking im going to call them and yell a little.

Yes that is oil caked on in a layer on the Downpipe

The culprit, a copper tube they used to make the sending unit fit, Are you kidding me?! copper, frigging idiots.

Pic after i cleaned it and started the car to see if i could find the leak, sure did find the leak, it was shooting a stream of oil right onto the turbo....

About 2 quarts of oil from 30 seconds of running the car after i cleaned it.

How she sits right now till i get home from work to figure out a fix.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
So been a while came back to 46 PM's and some fun comments. Heres a little pic update of what i have been up to.

409596_664385549290_1703176430_n.jpg
Side steps removed, plasti-dipped rims

229982_672314220170_802558753_n.jpg
Removed Clutch Fan, and installed cold air
63132_681395111990_666781488_n.jpg

Replaced stock mirros and added tow mirrors

488002_697311515390_402770433_n.jpg

Installed Rims and 35 inch tires.
859105_703702223360_731258109_o.jpg

201 - 220 of 228 Posts