Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like an oil thread I'm sure many folks have cleaning and wax products for their Subies they'd like to suggest and why they think they're the best. As a new owner of a WRX I'd like to find some of these products that will help to save time and do a good job to help protect the finish of the not so great paint on this Subaru.

Also, has anyone put an invisible bra on their cars? How do you like them, any particular type to consider over another and what cost?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
You have lots of options and it all comes down to what you like, what kind of look you are going for, how much you are willing to spend and how much work you want to put into it.

Even in the professional categories there are some decently priced products that work just as well as the expensive stuff.

Sealants (synthetic wax) do last a bit longer but they can leave a shallow shiny look so they tend to look better on light colors. You can also layer a wax on a sealant.

You can also look for a professional detailer who offers coating (opti coat etc...) they are pricy but last for almost 2 years and act like a second clear coat.

I regret not getting a clear bra as the front paintchips so easily.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
802 Posts
I dig on sealants due to their ease of application & their longevity compared to waxes.
I use Klasse All-in-One cleaner/polish and Klasse Sealant Glaze. Super-easy to apply & it lasts 4+ months between applications.
Klasse Sealant Glaze works great as a post-wash detailer between "wax" jobs by diluting it - 2 or 3 parts water to 1 part Sealant Glaze in a spray bottle. Just lightly spray it on & immediately buff off with a microfiber cloth. It's a super quick & easy way to keep water beading & your finish smooth as silk.
I also regret not getting a clear bra on the car when I bought it. Now it's too late & I've got chips all over the front end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked with one recommended clear bra/kit installer and he wanted $500 for the bumber alone and another $300+ for fenders/part of hood. Seems very high price. Soon I'll contact another guy my brother used who may be cheaper but does good work supposedly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey MarcRX, I went with the clear bra option, installed from Subaru dealer. I highly recommend it, but yeah I would shop around. Almost 3 years later with a clear bra and it has saved my front bumper/hood from paint chips. As you will quickly figure out, Subaru paint is soft and prone to chipping/swirls. It can also help on front bumper if you lightly brush up against something when parking. This is an area that would normally scrape a bumper, but the clear bra puts one more layer between your car and the object. Good luck, with whatever option you decide on!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check out various options but most note that you get what you pay. But I may try the sealant as a first step as Kingsalami suggested then see if I can get a clear bra as a longer term solution to prevent chips esp in the front of the car as $800 is a bit steep at this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts