Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice my ac is on when the temp is a notch under 65 but the AC lite is not lit. I notice this becaues the air is cold and there is a little puddle of water under the car, is this normal?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have noticed that when you go past the little detent on the temp side that the air seems a little cooler but on mine unless I have the system in auto mode my AC compressor is not on. What I would do is look under the hood and see if your compressor clutch is engaged. I dont think it should be running unless you have it turned on or in auto mode.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always run it on my HVAC on auto. A/C compressor is never working unless I hit A/C and the light turns on. Basically, the air can get cool but only to a certain level. On these summer days, I am almost always running with the A/C on...A/C off just does not make the car cool enough during the summer.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
On these summer days, I am almost always running with the A/C on...A/C off just does not make the car cool enough during the summer.
Thats right. Without the AC button pressed for 'on', compressor is not going when placed on auto. I have mine on auto all the time, temp set to lowest, and warm air still blows in when it's real hot out.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
One thing that I noticed the other night, when you direct the air to the windshield defroster vents the AC compressor automatically turns on. The AC light does not come on, but the compressor obviously turns on. Hitting the AC button on, and then off turns it off though. I wonder if there is a way to keep this from automatically turning on as I VERY rarely ever have my AC on, even with the defroster on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to the manual, the AC WILL turn itself on if the temperature difference between cabin and selected temp is sufficient. So in other words, if you have the temperature dial turned to 70ish, and the temp sensor says its 85 in the car...the system will cycle the compressor on automatically. ::) The "AC" light will NOT illuminate, but the system will be ON.

So unless you want to drive around with the AC compressor running, keep the temp dial closer to ambient temp unless you actually WANT the AC on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts