Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll likely be ordering this week...just need to figure out what...

Clutch options:

-Exedy OE replacement
Nothing special here...

-ACT HD
"SB-014 - Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Clamp load increase of 32%, Pedal feels stock to moderate, SFI Certified to insure safety. Torque Capacity 420ft/lbs"

-Competition Stage 2
"This assembly provides up to 80% increase in torque capacity and is properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Brass Plus material with its alloy backing matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life.
450 ft/lbs to the wheels *Estimated holding capacity on street driven car. May change depending on use, vehicle weight, or tire selection."

Flywheel options:

-Exedy lightweight
12.7 lbs

-ACT Streetlite
14.4 lbs

-Competition lightweight
13.47 lbs (to only be used with Comp. Clutch kit)

-OEM replacement
25-ish lbs...?

I'm leaning toward the Comp. clutch kit. I think it will be a good choice for my current power level and daily purpose of my car. I talked to Greg at Turn in Concepts about my concern with my stock 5spd. He said that it's a pretty mild clutch and doesn't have a harsh engagement, so it should suit me well. My car has 93k on it, and I've been on my current power level (stage 1) for roughly 20k miles. That, combined with a few trips to the strip that led to my stock clutch beginning to slip at high load/low rpm's (usually at full boost in 4th or 5th gear between 3k & 4k rpms).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also, thoughts on the Moore blast plates?

Edit: never mind, as their website is very basic and has zero information on them. So I'll pass.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Also, thoughts on the Moore blast plates?

Edit: never mind, as their website is very basic and has zero information on them. So I'll pass.

Plenty of people got in on the group buy, so we'll see how it goes. And, Moore is a good company, I was considering the plates as well.

Interested to see how you like the Comp stg2, between that and the ACT.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not putting down a ton of power, but I figured that would be a little 'insurance policy' on my 5spd since I do go to the track occasionally and beat on it. I'm not sure how effective the blast plates are, but I may look into them again in the future.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I'm not putting down a ton of power, but I figured that would be a little 'insurance policy' on my 5spd since I do go to the track occasionally and beat on it. I'm not sure how effective the blast plates are, but I may look into them again in the future.
The piece makes sense to me being that the case is two pieces. Tracking it will definitely create flex. We'll see if I do it though. Clutch in December I'm thinking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you daily drive? My past experience with competition clutches is that they aren't very comfortable for DD. The organic Exedy does well, but true, nothing special.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Any thoughts in the exedy stg 2 plus exedy flywheel for 91 pump pro tune plus e85 tune? I'm waiting to install Dw65 pump and id10000 injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts