Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needless to say, I am already getting a clutch replaced. Well, if it get traction in the morning a call will be made to SOA for warranty. Very embarrassing but now knowing that snowboard boots do not work... I should be good to go :( At least my dealership is being great about doing it under warranty. One time deal sort of thing but after reading people aren't this lucky I was getting kind of worried.

Was driving back from snowboarding all day and my rpm's were going from 2500 to 5000 and not shifting. Right then I knew my clutch was fucked. Few days ago when I got my oil change I noticed it was doing it but to a much lesser extent and it was around 3500 or 4000 for 200-300 rpms then it would shift to its correct gear.

Looks like I'm going to be babying my clutch for the rest of its life ;D

·
Registered
752 Posts
geez, how did you manage to kill the clutch so quickly?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I guess is better than driving with ski boots ::)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sorry to hear all the bad news. Tail light, front bumper, now the clutch. :(

·
Registered
752 Posts
you should get an after market one if you have to pay that much.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't put a Suby clutch back in there, go aftermarket, I think that any of the LGT clutches would work. I really wonder if something was wrong with the clutch to begin with. I would fight them a little bit on that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
50 after tax seems high... SOA wont warrenty it since its so toast...
:eek: that is crazy.
sorry to heat that.
really hope this is an isolated case.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I wouldn't put a Suby clutch back in there, go aftermarket, I think that any of the LGT clutches would work. I really wonder if something was wrong with the clutch to begin with. I would fight them a little bit on that.
The guy tried looking for defects, and tried to get SOA to warranty it. Oh well, I'm hoping to get some sort of deal on it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Raise hell and tell them u want the STI!! Good luck at the dealer, we all got ur back :)

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The worst part about wrecking the 08... I have to wait for parts to get here from denver. Thankfully denver is just a little over an hour away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sorry to hear man but im not too surprised
SOA is probably just thinking
"incredibly abnormal and extreme clutch wear = awd launches"

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wouldn't go aftermarket if you don't need to, unless you can find an OEM replacement one or a cheap OEM one. The clutch is supposed to be the weak point of the transmission. Just remember, a new clutch is cheaper than a new tranny.

method.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts