Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Do you have it on everytime you drive? I don't have that problem but I don't power mine on too much

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Uhhh...I'm pretty sure it's LCD.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is an LCD screen, they will replace it once for free (that leads me to believe that they know this is happening) My understanding is that LCD screens do not get burn in that fast. the screens must be some chinese garbage crap or something.

·
Registered
821 Posts
it is an LCD screen, they will replace it once for free (that leads me to believe that they know this is happening) My understanding is that LCD screens do not get burn in that fast. the screens must be some chinese garbage crap or something.
while the cobb customer service is top notch and i've had nothing but great experiences with them, it is very frustrating to have to deal with such issues. for the cost of the AP, the technology and materials do seem pretty low end and weak.

btw, i am using an accessport, currently using the stage 2 acn map.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well LCD as a technology doesn't burn in. SO I'm not sure what is happening to the screen but if it really is an LCD display there must be something wrong with the video card chip or its memory because LCDs don't burn in. They do on the other hand burn out.

Can you post some pictures so we can see the issue.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
yea i dont think the accessport is meant to constantly be on...but that still sucks nonetheless. i hope cobb sends you a new one bro!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
damn man! i think im gonna take mine out of the glovebox now. maybe its the heat. its been hotter than hell lately. good luck with cobb.at least you dont need it to drive with clammy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, good idea 424. i only use mine to monitor stuff once in awhile, but never ever never leave it in my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Necrobump, but just to close the loop, the screens are OLED, which is why you saw burn-in.

OLED ages rapidly at max brightness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts