Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cobb AccessPort & Warranty

I was just woundering if the dealerships can void warranty for using the accessport. I know you can reflash it back to a stock map if need be, but with today's technology I am sure they can see all that if they are really looking for something. Just woundering if anyone knows anything or had previous experiences with other cars / friends. That is probably the only thing holding me back.
Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Re: Cobb AccessPort & Warranty

in my experience, ECU tuning is probably the best reason for the warranty providers to void your warranty. Many defects can somehow be linked to tuning of the ecu.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I was just woundering if the dealerships can void warranty for using the accessport. I know you can reflash it back to a stock map if need be, but with today's technology I am sure they can see all that if they are really looking for something. Just woundering if anyone knows anything or had previous experiences with other cars / friends. That is probably the only thing holding me back.
Thanks.
this worries me as well. :-\

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

haha, im having a hard enough time making payments, having fun minor modding, and getting through grad school. one step at a time lol.

·
Registered
498 Posts

If your engine blows up you won't be covered. They might argue your transmission(to much power, bla,bla,bla). The rest of your car would still be covered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts