Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COBB is coming out with the 09 rex AP soon. I want to get one, but I have some questions.

Does using a device void warranties? If it does, after a reflash back to factory could it even be detected that one was used?

Just seems like a great device. Power map for backroads, MPG map for long driving, valet mode for an RPM ceiling, etc. How does everyone like it? Worth every penny? Reliability? Also, I know you can monitor things such as coolant temp, anyone know if it can monitor boost?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
NO mod will void your warranty. Mods can only be used to deny a warranty claim if they were the cause of the problem, your warranty is still in tact. Please stop saying that so and so mod voids your warranty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA! I guess I asked too many questions in initital post, but my 6th sense tells me that a COBB AP = GOOD!

But seriously, just becuase I hear horror stories of dealerships, if I got one and had to claim on my warranty later, would there be no trace of usage?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I've heard both yes and no. As long as you uninstall it before you go it won't be glaringly obvious at the very least, and I seriously doubt they would be able to find any evidence of it being used even if they wanted to. The thing about the maps that come with the AP is that they correct a lean condition that comes on the stock maps that subaru uses for emissions purposes, but that lean condition doesn't do your engine any favors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts