Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone get one yet as im debating to wait it out a little bit just wondering if it made any diffrence in drivability

·
Registered
752 Posts
i plan on ordering one by Sunday.

as far as drivability goes, you can switch between maps as needed. Use the stock map for driving to work and then switch to a more aggressive map when you go the the track.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
anyone get one yet as im debating to wait it out a little bit just wondering if it made any difference in drivability
I have one on my car. It is Stg2 now. With Stg1 map there is an increase in driveability as well as response. Low end is smoother and does not 'hitch/lug' like it did stock. Power is increased as well. A very worthwhile mod. Good for additional upgrades as well. I can provide ProTune maps for even more power.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
;D
I have a 07 wrx with 391whp and 385 ft-lb of torq. it was all manage by a Hydra EMS. the drive-ablity of that car was total S**T. EXcellent EMS but not every buys a $2000 EMS for a subaru so finding a tuner was a issue and finding a Tuner experince enough to tune a HYDRA correctly and with no driving issue is impossible, unless your in a major city like seattle. for my 08 WRX i decided to go with the Cobb AP, Perfect drivabity , because it retains the factory controls for things like the AC condensers and alot of other things that makes driving terrible if not tune right. and off the back with a stock WRX and the AP and the stage 1 map you notice a slight increase in drivablity and minor performance gain. i would recommended for pretty much anyone.fast car is nice but fast and reliable car that drives like stock is better then perfect.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
;D
I have a 07 wrx with 391whp and 385 ft-lb of torq. it was all manage by a Hydra EMS. the drive-ablity of that car was total S**T. EXcellent EMS but not every buys a 00 EMS for a subaru so finding a tuner was a issue and finding a Tuner experince enough to tune a HYDRA correctly and with no driving issue is impossible, unless your in a major city like seattle. for my 08 WRX i decided to go with the Cobb AP, Perfect drivabity , because it retains the factory controls for things like the AC condensers and alot of other things that makes driving terrible if not tune right. and off the back with a stock WRX and the AP and the stage 1 map you notice a slight increase in drivablity and minor performance gain. i would recommended for pretty much anyone.fast car is nice but fast and reliable car that drives like stock is better then perfect.

Exactly! (Our tech Dave has been to school for Hydra, and runs stand alone in his vintage Legacy Turbo. He will usually insist on reflash for most street customers, and I agree.)

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
752 Posts
After i upgraded my fuel system and turbo, i will need a good ProTune.
So i decided to call up a performance shop that i would take my car to for a ProTune.
They said that it would probably cost me ~$450 for the dyno tuning session.

what do you all think?
cost too much?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Just loaded stage 1 cause I am too impatient to wait until I get my stage 2 stuff installed.... But, wow... what a complete difference.... The car is much smoother... I suggest that everyone, even if you are nothing but stock go and get this. The response is very good, plus you have a whole slue of gauges at your disposal by keeping it plugged in. GO get one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts