Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's old news, but Cobb now has springs for sale

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3802

In an effort to induce a more balanced feel, the Spring Rates are approximately +10% for the front and +20% for the rear over stock. The result is a sporty feel without being unnecessarily harsh or bouncy. Our final spring rates are the result of extensive real-world and road course testing.
Made from precision CNC cold wound high quality Chrome Silicon steel construction and powdercoated COBB Blue in a unique process for protection against the elements.

Would these be worth it, or should I wait for something from tein?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm 4-door compatible? pretty sure the rear springs are supposed to be different between sedan and hatchback...
It's the same suspension, IIRC

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Haven't heard anything about that. Maybe that was true for the last body style but I think that the both the sedan and the hatch are exactly the same except for the obvious body difference.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
lowering 1.5" in the front, although it isnt much, but I'm going to scrape getting out the driveway in my house. :-[

the sedan is about 50 lbs heavier I believe (and most of it coming from the rear ???). That isn't much but sagging may become an issue in the long run.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lowering 1.5" in the front, although it isnt much, but I'm going to scrape getting out the driveway in my house. :-[

the sedan is about 50 lbs heavier I believe (and most of it coming from the rear ???). That isn't much but sagging may become an issue in the long run.
Both cars weigh exactly the same.

·
Registered
169 Posts
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidog
Justin,

On your site it says: "...the COBB Tuning Sport Springs are designed to enhance the performance of the factory struts." What kind of longevity do you expect the factory struts to have with the sports springs?

-Jeff Schmidt

Jeff,

That would depend on what you are doing with the car. For just daily driving I would expect them to last for 50-70k miles. If you are autocrossing or track driving the car regularly, I might expect them to last maybe only 20-30k miles.

I am expecting the new struts to be just as stout as the old KYB's found on previous generation Impreza's.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Justin

·
Registered
752 Posts
that's interesting. good job.

i supose they would be ok for drag racing then.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is a much better option than dropping 2k if all your looking for is a better stance (which is what I'm after). The less things I have to "tinker" with, the better. I think an adjustable suspension would be great, but once you get it where you want it, then what good are adjustments?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh yea, I did not see it on their site but..Does anyone make an adjustable camber kit for the rear so we can bring it back to specs after lowering?

·
Registered
273 Posts
i am more of sittin pretty kinda guy most springs do that, those are what those are for, for the looks of the car, i might get those and i have a sedan...but like said all out is the Adjustables, but i just for the 1"-1.8" drop of the car makes it look clean....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hopefully I'll have these on next month! Though I might wait til some aftermarket shocks are offered. I ended up changing suspension setups 3 or 4 times on my old 00 civic SI before I finally settled for something. I don't feel like doing that with the WRX.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hopefully I'll have these on next month! Though I might wait til some aftermarket shocks are offered. I ended up changing suspension setups 3 or 4 times on my old 00 civic SI before I finally settled for something. I don't feel like doing that with the WRX.
How do you plan on readjusting your rear camber?

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is a much better option than dropping 2k if all your looking for is a better stance (which is what I'm after). The less things I have to "tinker" with, the better. I think an adjustable suspension would be great, but once you get it where you want it, then what good are adjustments?
Well, with the fancy Cuscos (nope, I don't have 'em), I could see how it would be very, very nice to have a tight setup for cornering and backroads, and a comfy setting for freeway expansion joints. Flip a switch when you get ready to take the offramp. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
just ordered mine today, so hopefully next week ill be able to post some pics. as for the rear camber adjustment, unless your racing the rear stock should be fine, the front will have enough adjustment to have a good response and keep tread wear to a minimum, just max it out. ill keep everyone posted

1 - 20 of 22 Posts