Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this thread so we could gather information about the current and upcoming coilover options. Currently there are two options: BC Racing coilovers and Cusco Zero-2E's. There is a good BC Racing review on NASOIC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1085379 . I haven't been able to find a reasonable review of the Cusco Zero-2E's. If you have experience with either of these two options, please post your experience.

I have emailed Tein, this was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance suspension products. Unfortunately, we have yet to release products for the '08 Subaru WRX. We are anticipating that products will be available for purchase in the first quarter of '08. Please note, we have documented your inquiry and can contact you via email upon release of products for your application. Please feel free to check in with us anytime regarding current or future product availability."

I have three emails pending with KW about their 2008 wrx coilover options. I will post an update as soon as I get one... If you have anymore information about other coilovers for the WRX please feel free to post your findings here.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
give it some time, by next year the market will be flooded with aftermarket part..

·
Registered
421 Posts
MY cusco zero2e has arrived at my workshop! fresh from shipping! I'll post a review after i install it on Wednesday!

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I would really like to know how those Cuscos work out... I like those the best so far cause you can adjust them within the cab with the e-con... I have looked at the BC ones and feel a little weary about them. Plus they don't have in cab adjustments.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got a reply from KW:

"We will be releasing a coilover for the new Subaru cars. I would expect to see it available to the public within the next few months.
Get back with us in about a months time to see where we are with this new solution!"

Looking forward to the post pehon, thanks!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I will retract my statement in regards to the BC Racing coilovers... I have read a lot of good reviews on NASIOC about them. I think that they would be a good alternative to higher priced coilovers.

They are $1000 at:

http://www.importimageonline.com/

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
MY cusco zero2e has arrived at my workshop! fresh from shipping! I'll post a review after i install it on Wednesday!

Cheers!!!
Hey pehon, did you purchase the in cabin controller?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI, Just got a response back from JIC:

Hello Jeff,

The new 08 suspension JIC GRA FLT-TAR is already out, we are getting our next sets end of FEB early march. You can pre order from any of our dealers or us to get your hands on one, I think I am only getting 6 sets and 2 are already sold. So let me know

Thank You,

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Those springs look like they will be about $2k. I think if was going to spend that much I would go with the Cusco.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KW update:

"Jeff
I am still waiting, although I know the kits should be finished testing now. Give us two more weeks and check back to see where we are!

Tom Edge
Brand Manager"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KW update:

"Jeff
We are currently being told that we should be able to start shipping at the end of this month for the club sport units, I am still waiting on V3 pricing and ship dates!

Tom Edge
Brand Manager"

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Cusco Zero 2E with the in-cab controller. I have had them for about 7 months or 14,000 kilometers now. I am pretty pleased with them. Unlike Pehon, I run mine on the softest setting, which is still much firmer than stock. I jack them up when I want to hard corner and then they really perform. I understand if you run them firm all the time they will wear out much more quickly. I also have Cobb sways front and rear and 225 40 18 rubber, so it isn't an exact science determining which mod does which for handling. I just got my car serviced for the 24,000 km service and the technician at the dealership was very impressed with the ride and handling after his road test. I am now waiting for a chance to try the car at a track day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have the Cusco Zero-2E coilovers on my 08 sedan. I was very surprised at the ride quality, not as rough as I thought it would be. They are a quality product and easy to install. The handling of my car is great. Also have a 25mm front sway bar and a 22mm rear bar with 245/40 tires on 8 in rims.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts