Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Looking for a good deal on some coilovers. Preferably Megan's cause I'm cheap. But if you've got a good deal on some BC's let me know.
have you even tried talking to the vendors on here? check out the advertisement thread, etc. Megan's can be had for $800 shipped easy. Just ask around or use Google.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bcs can be had for like 900-1k from most anywhere...unless you go used...

·
Registered
404 Posts
No hate - from me anyway. You could probably get yourself some barebone optionless Fortune Auto's for about 1k as well if you can save up a little extra dor them. The warranty (if i remember correctly) is also better than BC's.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Coilovers I wouldnt go used unless theyve never seen salt. Unless its a high grade (like kw v3) construction and/or meticulous care has been taken to keep them clean i feel its not a great idea for the longevity of a more expensive purchase. Not to say theres anything wrong with yours krntehk!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Always a good bonus :)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Coilovers I wouldnt go used unless theyve never seen salt. Unless its a high grade (like kw v3) construction and/or meticulous care has been taken to keep them clean i feel its not a great idea for the longevity of a more expensive purchase. Not to say theres anything wrong with yours krntehk!
Such a douche bag. Lmao! Jk. Nah these are in good condition. Only say good cause there are some cosmetic damage on the collars. These haven't seized up ever since I bought them new.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
TBH, the high grade of KW, Ohlins etc. makes me inclined to think they were worked harder and need a rebuild themselves. BCs sell all day with 10K miles on them where, even if the drivers thought they were hard on them, barely worked them out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
TBH, the high grade of KW, Ohlins etc. makes me inclined to think they were worked harder and need a rebuild themselves. BCs sell all day with 10K miles on them where, even if the drivers thought they were hard on them, barely worked them out.
Tracked coilovers KWs versus street abused BCs? I think the argument could be made that the "random" shock value of pot holes and terrible city roads could be worse for a strut than balanced and controlled shifting of weight on a controlled flat race track.

TL;DR buy Feals...

·
Registered
404 Posts
how did we go from "where can i get some cheap coilovers" to $3000 KW track use VS $900 BC BR street use?

Lmfao as far as the kw's i was referencing corrosive resistance in terms of buying new vs used and what not. Nothing relating to performance quality. Just stating if your going used on a entry level coil set that it wont have the same corrosion resistance as a new set is all. Was just something for the op to keep in mind! :D

I mention kwv3 because *i believe* they are the only all stainless construction. So from a corrosion standpoint...

·
Registered
404 Posts
And again - the reason i mention it is all because i know in the areas where salt and snow are common are more of a danger for a set of already used or entry level set of coils. This is particularly important for someone like me, and mainly the reason I've yet to purchase a set - Chicago winters.

Its common for us to have more salt than paved roads so that could prove to be an issue for the collars. Its easy to say "ok, just wash them" but when you have no garage and its 20 degrees out chances are that wont happen. Which is why i stress that. Maybe theyll be fine and im just a baby but a 600-100 dollar experiment is a little rich for my blood if they seize after a winter or two.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i dont know how all you people feel about ISC coilovers, but i bought a pair new for $900. i've been running them for 20k miles now and not 1 issue. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Rim

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.