Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you ever tried a CAI on they're N/A Impreza that and does it goes against the constructor warranty??

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay thanks I'll give 'em a call when the times are better (st00pid sn0w :eek:)

·
Registered
344 Posts
For the most part an intake will not void the warranty. However, there are exceptions:
1. Damage to the engine due to hydrolock (CAI sucked in water)
2. Engine damage to internal componets due to rich operating conditions (MAF Airflow was disrupted by intake)
3. Engine damage do to particulate (partical) inhalation. ie filter or connections became loose and sucked dirt into the engine.

What I always did, when I took the car in for a CEL or something is replace the CAI with the stock box. I know it's a real pain in the the A**, but an hour of work is nothing compared to "Sorry bud, can't fix this _____ because you modded the engine" crap.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah swapping before check ups but if you get stuck somewhere and have to get towed i'm kinda f***** 'cause I' won't carry it around all the time there already is so little luggage room (with the woofer that is) thanks a lot tho ;) I'll check into that ???

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i have a homemade one on my subie about 5k miles later the turbo was leaking oil adn the dealer still fixe dit underwarranty...they did make a funny face and comments about it but still fixed it for me. depends on teh dealer mostly and how you act tward them...ie dont storm in there like a 5 year old on a sugar high :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's a good point too the problem is I had to euh....."get frustrated" for them to acknowledge having f***** the front bumper paint with a heat gun while removing the dealer stickers I asked removed.....humm anyway I'll call 'em thuesday. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts