Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Endlinks I have used so far with the Perrin 25 mm front swaybar

KartBoy $100.00 shipped – good enlinks but sits too pitched, 2 big machined washer would solved the problem and longer bolts.

Perrin front $117.00 shipped – good enlinks as well but same problem as the Kartboy. Needs thicker washer’s like the Whiteline. I couldn’t install these endlinks because the washer was not thick enough and the endlinks was pitched all the way without the bolt tighten all the way down.

WhiteLine $105.00 shipped– if the endlinks were a solid machined piece it would have been perfect but these were the bests endlinks out of the 3.These fitted the best and the current one I’m using on my car.

Random pics of the front stock and rear stock swaybars next to the Perrin bars.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Good post. I didn't realize how important those dumb little washers were. I'm sure this is something that would be an easy DIY fix though and wouldn't necessarily require that you buy all new endlinks. Still, the whitelines are a pretty nice.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This could just be a Perrin swaybar issue. But now we know for sure the Whiteline ones works the best with The Perrin front bar.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get them installed can you take a few pics with the endlinks?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I dunno, it looks to me like the Parrin sway bar is shorter in length than the stock... I could totally be wrong, just an outside observation and possible culprit to the lining up problems.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It seems like perrin frequently has fitment issues with suspension stuff, which is why I returned mine, and I'm glad I did. They could definitely benefit from actually doing a little more R&D before selling their products.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the reason why the Perrins aren't fitting is that they aren't installed correctly...carefully examine the PDF on perrin's website and the pictures you posted, they are different and the spacers are not used correctly.
That was the 1st thing I tried and that did not work. The pdf is not any good unless you have a LGT. I think the suspenion is a little different on the wrx from the LGT. I think Perrin just took the reused the LGT Endlinks and assumed they are the same.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think the reason why the Perrins aren't fitting is that they aren't installed correctly...carefully examine the PDF on perrin's website and the pictures you posted, they are different and the spacers are not used correctly.
That was the 1st thing I tried and that did not work. The pdf is not any good unless you have a LGT. I think the suspenion is a little different on the wrx from the LGT. I think Perrin just took the reused the LGT Endlinks and assumed they are the same.
Well, I guess i'm just going to have to try when my sways get here...I think I can make them work.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ HomeDepot sells washers and spacers so I think you can get them to work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
WhiteLine 5.00 shipped– if the endlinks were a solid machined piece it would have been perfect but these were the bests endlinks out of the 3.These fitted the best and the current one I’m using on my car.

I'll take the adjustable length endlinks any day rather than overbuilt solid links.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I just finished installing my 22mm front perrin bar with perrin front enlinks this past weekend...

Perrin endlinks fit great ( I used all the supplied hardware, nothing extra and they are vertical when on the ramps.

...imstuner, did you somehow get the front STI 25mm bar instead of the WRX one...apparently there is a different bar for the front of the STI and WRX/2.5i.

Also, if you get a perrin bar (or probably any other aftermarket bar that goes straight across with no rises in it) it will hit the stock cat section on the 2.5i (it will not hit anything on the WRX).

I just had to bend the cat section slightly downward to give enough clearance on the 2.5i...does not impact flow or function at all, really just a cosmetic change.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just finished installing my 22mm front perrin bar with perrin front enlinks this past weekend...
Perrin endlinks fit great ( I used all the supplied hardware, nothing extra and they are vertical when on the ramps.
...imstuner, did you somehow get the front STI 25mm bar instead of the WRX one...apparently there is a different bar for the front of the STI and WRX/2.5i.
Also, if you get a perrin bar (or probably any other aftermarket bar that goes straight across with no rises in it) it will hit the stock cat section on the 2.5i (it will not hit anything on the WRX).
I just had to bend the cat section slightly downward to give enough clearance on the 2.5i...does not impact flow or function at all, really just a cosmetic change.
Both me and friend get the 25mm from perrin and both had the endlink issue. I don't think we got the sti one but then again who knows. I check both box and it said wrx/lgt. The cat is not touching our cats, so it maybe a 2.5i issue. Can you take a pic of the endlinks on your 22mm bar?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Both me and friend get the 25mm from perrin and both had the endlink issue. I don't think we got the sti one but then again who knows. I check both box and it said wrx/lgt. The cat is not touching our cats, so it maybe a 2.5i issue. Can you take a pic of the endlinks on your 22mm bar?
Oh yeah, the sway touching the cat section is ONLY a 2.5i issue (luckily it was a cheap fix), the exhaust setup is different (and therefore not an issue) on a WRX and STI because of the downpipe config.

To make sure we are comparing the same thing, can you measure the exact length of the bar? I'll take some pictures and measure my bar as well. We'll figure this out :)

Oh can you also look at the bushing on your stock front bar and tell me what number is on there? There is a number printed on the side of the bushing that tells the diameter of the sway :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll try to remember when i get home ... lol

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah, the sway touching the cat section is ONLY a 2.5i issue (luckily it was a cheap fix), the exhaust setup is different (and therefore not an issue) on a WRX and STI because of the downpipe config.

To make sure we are comparing the same thing, can you measure the exact length of the bar? I'll take some pictures and measure my bar as well. We'll figure this out :)

Oh can you also look at the bushing on your stock front bar and tell me what number is on there? There is a number printed on the side of the bushing that tells the diameter of the sway :)
2 inch thick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts