Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to change the rear signal which appear too orange throught the clear light of my 08 when they are not lighted and i dont like it.

I have silverstar signal for the front which have a purplish coated which match the car very well and they light up legal amber

the problem is that they dont make that bulb for the rear i think...

Bulb number listed for it in the manuel is WY21W and i cannot find anything with either chrome or other colors coating that light legal amber

As I was searching i find that the but look like a 7440, so if its the same that mean i can use this ?

Is Anybody have other bulb suggestion that will look nice ?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The orange rear bulbs need to go!! I was tryn to find red l.e.d or solid red but no luck. All i could find was clear or a bright white. The bulb # on mine is something weird like (E4) ?? As soon as I find out I'll post.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If somebody can confirm me that 7440 will work im gonna go the PIAA way, like that chrome orange colors, but i wish i could have had match my silverstar and having the purplish reflection in the rear light

·
Registered
752 Posts
hmm, i haven't looked at my rear turn signals very much.
are you trying to make them not as bright? tint the tail lights?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no no, i want them the same brightness, but i want to have clear/chrome looking throught the clear light and not a orange spot in the light when they are not lighted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts