Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2008 wrx sedan and I'm thinking about converting to a single exhaust. I will be doing a 3" exhaust to a single muffler. Is this a good idea? It seems to me its better for performance since it's a more straight through design.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i personally love it when cars w/ duals run a single can. s2k,350z, and now wrx. just if u do it, to make it look right and not that theres something missing, i would do a canister, and angle it up and out a little. but thats just my opinion. i think otherwise it will just look like u lost a muffler, good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes. I already have an ultimate racing downpipe and accessport. So my question is will this work fine with the stage 2 tune?

·
Registered
345 Posts
it should work fine with the tune...

tho if u wish to do any other mods u will need to go to a pro-tune and get the car tuned thru them. they should also beable to pull out some "lost" hp if they are good.

but alot want to go with a bigger TMIC or a FMIC if u do the same get a pro-tune.

or if u chose to go with the fuel system u need to do the pro-tune or u will be running rick/lean depending, and that will hurt ur engine.

thats just my .02$

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dc5_Wrx did you ever go through with the single exhaust? I was thinking about a similar setup and was hoping you'd post some pics or even a sound clip.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I did the single exhaust and love it! Its only 2.5" to a HKS muffler... When I get my downpipe im gonna switch to 3" and re-use the muffler.

Heres another clip also of another sedan.... He has a catless downpipe and BOV though... much louder than mine lol .. I like the angle of his muffler alot better than mine too
:( im gonna get mine changed when I switch to 3"..

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds good, i went ahead and converted to a 3 inch single with a magnaflow muffler, sounds so much better than stock and only cost $300.

·
Registered
303 Posts
so, after months with a modified Tanabe Touring Medallion, I went ahead and made one out of two Magnaflows. One round, used as a resonator, and a 5x8 oval for the rear exiting out the rear left. External sound is much deeper but quieter. Cabin noise is a little louder. Maybe because the mufflers are actually doing their job. The car is MUCH happier. I can actually feel my tune now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts