Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this DP or know how it performs/sounds. I'm going to be purchasing a DP within the next 2 weeks and am looking at this one due to the fact that its cat-less and will fit my SPT cat-back without any adaptors. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not running it but I know from my neighbor who has an 08 STI that they are awesome. If the price is good then you will be real happy with it.

btw, isn't tampering with catalytic converters a federal offense? Lol, just kidding have fun with your WRX!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its only a crime if someone reports it. no complainant no complaint. :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
$360+ for a catless pipe does not sound too good IMO.
Might as well putchase the adapter and still save a $100.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have it and im about to swap it in because right now i have the cobb 3'' downpipe, so im just waiting for the day i have will power to go through another dp install... i'll let you know what its like

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
i have it and im about to swap it in because right now i have the cobb 3'' downpipe, so im just waiting for the day i have will power to go through another dp install... i'll let you know what its like
You make it sound like it took you all day or something.. I did it and it took maybe 30mins... Maybe

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You make it sound like it took you all day or something.. I did it and it took maybe 30mins... Maybe
That is pretty darn impressive :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
well it was kind of long because i did the up-pipe as well the same day it took a total of 2 hour... and by the end of it the cobb up-pipe i bought wouldnt fit 100% perfect, the damn flanges were off a bit, more of a gap on one end then the other end.... so ya thats why in my mind i dont want to do another dp swap...but in reality it didnt take long to do the dp

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i went and ordered it and got the DP today from crawford. To bad i whacked a snow bank and had to be towed out now my front bumper is cracked. went and picked one up today now i gotta get it painted. 300 for the bumper 400 for paint. Was gonna order and access port from perrin but guess not for a bit yet. GODDAMN RE92A'S they suck ass in the snow. Gonna invest in some nice snow tires next rather than the access port. it has been a pretty crappy last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
so i went and ordered it and got the DP today from crawford. To bad i whacked a snow bank and had to be towed out now my front bumper is cracked. went and picked one up today now i gotta get it painted. 300 for the bumper 400 for paint. Was gonna order and access port from perrin but guess not for a bit yet. GODDAMN RE92A'S they suck ass in the snow. Gonna invest in some nice snow tires next rather than the access port. it has been a pretty crappy last couple of weeks.
That sucks but at least your ok, not like it happened on the interstate or something.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i'm lucky it happened on a side street and not on the freeway. And i'm happy it was just the front bumper not like the front bumper and the fender and the quarter panels.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, on a lighter note, I grilled my neighbor about the DP and "according to him" the crawford DP is the most free flowing, least turbulent on the market today (AKA BEST). He seemed very very very happy with his and has said you'll love it. He was also telling me how he loves how my CBE sounds and I told HIM how happy I was with it and you know what, he says he might get it. Now if that happens then youve got the free-est flowing CBE and free-est flowing DP and potentially the mst power producing setup from the turbo on. lol sorry for the rant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts