Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
note title

as of right now this is my upgrade path I'm about to begin. I'm looking for advice as to which parts and if you agree with my sentiments on what comes when.

1. Front and rear bars, looking to reduce body roll and most importantly reduce understeer. I'm not sure which will be the best choice for the latter yet.

2. catless downpipe and new catback exhaust. There haven't been many good options out there last time I checked but I want to open up the sound quite a bit and let her exhale a little easier.

3. 50/50 hybrid BOV and CIA. I believe these aren't necessary at this stage for performance but the sound is another factor. my car is fast, yes, but it doesn't sound like it. I want to enhance the experiance of my ride as much as the performance.

4. Cobb custom pro tune (revolutions performance) this is a done deal. These guys are some of the slickest cats in my area and give a fantastic military discount for tunning and awd dyno runs. 750 for a cobb AP and custom tune with retune dyno runs. You can come in and they'll continue to retune for a very nominal fee as you change things.

5. new wheels and tires, it will be high time by then.

6. Now that I have bigger wheels and more power, time for brakes. big breaks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Skip the BOV and skip the intake - both entirely unecessary.

Big brakes = larger, heavier heat sink, NOT better braking or more stopping power. Not to mention the $$$. Unless you generate enough heat on a regular basis to produce considerable brake fade, I'd get the subaru 4 pots and rotors package w/SS lines for the front and be done with it.

Besides that, looks like the same basic path 95% of wrx owners take. Stage II with some mild suspension mods - good DD.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yep agreeing with both previous post... you need need to had springs to your list and forget about the BOV

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tein makes garbage, through and through - cheap for a reason in this case, I'd almost rather see someone get Megan's for the price - they seem to do well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Skip the intake the american rally team came through my town and they are running stock intakes and full recirc BOVs the dealership and the rally team both say you can run up to 450hp with the stock intake. Everyone forgets that you can make as much power as you want it is getting the power to the road that is the important thing in this case. Work on your suspension work on you lift. Get your car to sit flat get some bigger wider wheels and then see how putting the 270-300hp to the road feels cause you will be getting it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts