Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but ive had my car for about 5 months. A couple months ago I got hooked up with Jeremy from Crucial Racing Systems, he needed an 08 to test there new springs. After a couple of days i got my car back and was extremly happy with what i saw:

Its a perfect drop IMO, but more importantly it handles extremly better now. From a stand still exceleration the front end no longer lifts way up, nor does the rear sag and drag. While cornering is much improved the adition of a rear sway bar will complement these springs nicely. With out a rear sway bar youll still have a better feel but because of the new suspention set up its still a little bouncy, but just a little. If youve ever really looked under the car at the rear suspention, its loaded with rubber bushings, tons of them, mre than ive ever seen, haha. So when i bushing kit comes out, and your looking to autocross, time atack or what ever id swith these out too, not really recomended for DD people due to it will become very stiff.

this is a crapy before picture, im sure you all know what our cars look like though, haha

close up of the rear wheel

i was messing around with photoshop, reason for the dual image haha

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any questions, let me know please.

bign408, were in the bay are you? we should meet up some time and compare your swift springs with these, ive heard they are pretty close if not the same in quality and performance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
wow! that drop looks good! that was a good hookup! free springs FTW!

congrats.

oh BTW, I think you should paint your rims gold/bronze. that looks pretty dope.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

It was really cool for them to hook me up with free springs, but if they turned around and asked for me to buy them, i totaly would haha. ;D

Im thinking about going a bit darker bronze color for my rims then what in the pic.

·
Registered
577 Posts
it looks like the rear was really dropped. haha

that bronze would def look schweet.

how is the ride?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ride is great! much better than stock. its shadows that make it look that low i think because it didt really drop it that much haha

·
Registered
577 Posts
OH! I see it now ;D

wow that really closed the gap..... again, looks great man

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again, im getting my windows tinted in June ;D, maybe if the weather stays nice for a full weekend ill have my wheels painted by then :eek:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha no, but they do like it, never noticed that before.

Side note the sedan tails look 100000 times better than the hatch tails IMO ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in south san jose... where are u? I'm down to get togther and compare stuff... I'm gonna be putting my sways on soon yay!!!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live by vally fair. do you go to any meets?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Iv been trying to but its been awhile... i work nights and my days off are wednesday and thursday so it makes it a lil harder... but i think capital subaru is gonna have another i club meet soon so im gonna try and get to that one... i work at garden city right by valley fair! haha small world.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha cool, i can walk there in like 2 min from my place.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm pretty close to Oakridge mall... hey if I ever talk to the guys from crucial can u find out what's up with the new downpipes? I wanna get one of there's and now I'm just waiting...

·
Registered
29 Posts
So where can I get these springs done? I'm interested too and I live in Stockton, which is not too far from San jose.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The springs are not out yet, but will be in a few more weeks. Crucials shop is in San Francisco. If you want to PM me your info and ill forward it on to Jeremy at Crucial. Ill let everyone know too when they are avaible, ive also heard rummors of a pre-order. So ill you guys know.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed, you will be very happy with these springs. well worth the wait.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts