Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have seen, Cusco has the first coilovers for the US market. Can read more about it http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368458

What is every one else's plans for coilovers? I'm interested in the electronic control of the dampeners, making them hard to soft, soft to hard just by a push of a button.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually there is really no point in getting the electronic damping control. Its already simple enough to open the boot and bonnet to adjust it. and honestly, how often are you going to adjust?

·
Registered
125 Posts
well it's good to know that you have that option, no?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think it might be a good anti-theft device...
slam the car down on the frame so the wheels cant get any traction.
and put it back to normal when driving.

it looks like it would make things easier when deciding on rim and tire sizes.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I was looking at the Cusco Coilovers too. I wouldn't mind getting them, but they are not cheap, might have to wait a while, good while on those. But I did find some good stuff on vividracing.com. They have a lot of good replacement parts for the suspension in the rear. Bring on the strength. This is the best platform Subaru has made for suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I would like to know how those work out... Please let us know how that turns out.... Hopefully they work pretty good, I would like to get those as well. Did you get the electronic damping system too, so you can adjust in the cabin.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would like to know how those work out... Please let us know how that turns out.... Hopefully they work pretty good, I would like to get those as well. Did you get the electronic damping system too, so you can adjust in the cabin.
i might eventually get the electronics. still considering whether i'll do it when i first collect the coilovers. Cos i'm the kind that likes hard suspensions. so i don't see myself adjusting the coilovers anyway..

I'll update everyone!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I don't mind hard suspensions either, but I don't think that my wife would appreciate too much. She already thinks that the car is too loud with the exhaust and CAI. But, oh well right. I do like the ability to adjust the ride, I think that is great. I do a lot of driving for work and I think being able to push a button and then the car is riding soft would be nice.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to be able to change the settings for my long road trips since I drive to Minnesota a couple times a year. I'm not a fan of changing it up each time if it can be done electronically. I've been trying to save up for suspension mods but it seems something happens where I have to dump that money else where...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just to clear up a possible misconception for some...

These are height adjustable and damping adjustable, BUT

...you can control the damping (not dampening...that means 'getting wet' :p ) electronically or by twisting them by hand...

The height adjustment is ONLY done by hand...which is accomplished by twisting two locking collars together at the proper height...usually having to remove the wheel to get to them.

I think some might be thinking you can adjust the height with the electronic unit...only hydraulics or airbags will accomplish this.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Just to clear up a possible misconception for some...

These are height adjustable and damping adjustable, BUT

...you can control the damping (not dampening...that means 'getting wet' :p ) electronically or by twisting them by hand...

The height adjustment is ONLY done by hand...which is accomplished by twisting two locking collars together at the proper height...usually having to remove the wheel to get to them.

I think some might be thinking you can adjust the height with the electronic unit...only hydraulics or airbags will accomplish this.
Not me, just want to adjust the softness and hardness from inside, which the electronic system does from my understanding. Height, not too concerned with making adjustments there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bringing this back from the grave...so did u end up getting those cusco coilovers? How do u like them if u have them installed? I have been looking to get these, as well as looking at the BC type ER coilovers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts