Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ordered a AP or Custom maps from Perrin your Name Address and Credit card information is in the long description and can be veiwed in AP manager. You can not change that detail on the map.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Why are they encoding the credit card info in there? ???

·
Registered
220 Posts
So you don't distribute their maps for free or for your own benefit. They figure you wouldn't sell/give your Perrin map away if your personal info is coded right in there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So you don't distribute their maps for free or for your own benefit. They figure you wouldn't sell/give your Perrin map away if your personal info is coded right in there.
Thats seriously lame, and should not be done. There are a million ways to accomplish the same thing without compromising personal information like that. As long as something like that is in there I will never purchase a custom tune from them, thats just stupid.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great

·
Registered
183 Posts
you just right click the map in the manager and edit the info... ive done it to all the perrin maps i have... :-\
With this being said, anyone got a stage II map i can get from Perrin? I keep throwing p0244 code with cobbs newest stage II map want to see if Perrin resolves it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone have the stock and stage 2 Perrin maps, 93 octane? I have the COBB maps but I'm having problems with them also.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Thats seriously lame, and should not be done. There are a million ways to accomplish the same thing without compromising personal information like that. As long as something like that is in there I will never purchase a custom tune from them, thats just stupid.
I bitched about that to them when they asked for my CC# to embed in my map (I paid with paypal) when I ordered my AP. I obviously didn't give it to them. I mean the AP is something that someone could grab quite easily, and having that info inside is very dangerous. As much as I wanted to get my perrin map in a legit way, I wasn't about to give them my CC info so they could put it in ANY file. The perrin map that I have now had someone's info in it, but I deleted it as soon as I got it, which was probably a bad move because I neglected to write down their name so I could tell them.

Their insistance on doing this only ensures that I will not actually buy their maps in the future. Kind of a bad move on their part imo as in trying to keep people from passing around their maps (which obviously happens anyway, especially because the map description can be altered very easily), they are actually driving away customers like myself and others who don't want their personal information being thrown around so carelessly. I mean it doesn't put me out at all as there are other ways to get the map, but I would always prefer to do things legitimately so long as I am not penalized for doing so.

IMO, preventing things this way, given that the people who choose to actually buy the product get screwed, is always a bad move. The people who pay for the product should not end up with a worse product or have to expose their personal information the way Perrin wants them to. Treating the end-user like a criminal is always a bad move imo.

·
Registered
382 Posts
All they had to do is create some unique ID that was Perrin specif and embed in the code somewhere where the average person would never know to look. They then could track down who was circulating the map without threatening people's identities. I would just ask they disclose that a personal identification number may be included in your map for "service purposes".

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Right click the long description click edit and change away ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, does anyone have the Perrin Stage 2 91 OCT map? I'd like to try it.... I have some RalliTEK maps stages 1 & 2 91,93,94 oct maps if anyone wants to trade?

Much Appreciated! ;D

·
Registered
206 Posts
my citi card account has a program that generates account numbers that are a 1 time use only number. i used that to buy my AP from Perrin. if someone gets there hands on the number it won't work. great little program. i use it for all my internet purchases.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts