Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes a dash kit for our cars yet? I put a $2500 stereo in and it looks like crap because the place I got it from had to fabricate their own (they're going to install a dash kit for free when its available, hence the question)

thanks

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
don't we have a standard size 2-din stereo?... if yours only took up one of the bays you could always install a cargo box below it, for CDs or whatever

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't we have a standard size 2-din stereo?... if yours only took up one of the bays you could always install a cargo box below it, for CDs or whatever
that's what there is now - I have a single din and there's a bay undernieth, that in itself isn't that bad but the front part of the deck doesn't sit flush with the dash, so it looks like a hack job.. the metra kit looks like it has a trim piece that would fix everything

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, the dash kits from Metra are on backorder. :-\ Typical, it seems like everything is that way. haha Only down side of getting the newest model. Patience is a virtue!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The hole is slightly larger than double din. You can buy the generic Metra double din kit and cut it down or wait for the Metra stuff to show up on Crutchfield. I gave them the part numbers for it about a month ago so we'll see if it ever shows up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Man, I wish I knew about the jdm kit before I got the metra one. I ordered mine from installer-parts.com and put it in a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts