Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with warranty service on modded Subarus in SoCal? I have the feeling Barber Subaru in Ventura is going to be a problem. The service manager there is an ass. Others close by are in Santa Barbara, Burbank, and Santa Monica. Anybody have feedback on these guys?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think that is something that you are going to have to find out. One day they can be great, the next day they can be jerks. Sorry, I am in the Inland Empire, wish I could help. I know that the one in Burbank has nice sales staff. What you could do is check out NASIOC, in the So Cal section they do reviews of the dealerships. That might help.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a bit late when you're finding out for yourself unfortunately. I avoid NASIOC like the plague these days but I guess it can't be helped.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea, Barber tried to give some of the same old lies. I did some math and figured for 4 salesmen, 2 finance managers,1 phone lady, utilities, etc..that if they were honestly only making a $100 over what they paid for the car (Invoice??), well then they would have to sell 14 cars a day ,7 days a week just to pay everyone a salary (I don't think he had 20 cars on the lot?). And that is even if the francise is paid off. And that's not the parts depot or keeping the owner in a nice house and a couple kids in school and nice cars. You should have seen his face when I told him that I did not believe in Santa, Easter Bunny or the INVOICE FAIRY.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased my wrx at the dealership in Fullerton. They seemed nice. I walked in there with my laptop that had Edmunds.com downloaded. They gave me a price around $500 cheaper than what Edmunds.com had listed as it's "what others are paying" price. It came out to 27k out the door for the base WRX wagon. I got my financing somewhere else though, so I didn't bother to haggle interest rates and monthly payments with them. It took me around 10 minutes to make a deal with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts