Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bummed when Thousand Oaks Subaru went out of business. It means a 20 minute drive to Barber Subaru for parts etc. So Iwas pretty thrilled when I heard Shaver Jeep picked up the Subaru dealership here in town.

I've had 2 go-rounds with these guys so far. First, I called to ask how much they wanted to install my STi springs. I waited 4 days for a call back (I ended up calling them back) and they wanted $800 for the job. Ridiculous, I ended up doing it myself

Now I have a new DP and no front gasket. I called down there this morning to see if they have it in stock. The dude at the parts desk wanted my VIN number to find the part. I explained I was sitting in my office and didn't have the number handy. He said "Subarus are very VIN specific because there are so many kinds of WRX's". I asked him how many kinds there were and he said there were "WRX's, turbos, non-turbos, and STi's". I told him I had the WRX turbo hoping that would be enough information for him to narrow it down to one of the 2 front gaskets for our model year....Even odds on a coin flip wasn't good enough apparently. He paused for a second and said he still needed the VIN number....

So far I don't have a lot of confidence in these guys. Gouging me on a simple spring install, and not being able to look up a simple gasket that has been reused on several models for years isn't making a great impression on me.

BTW the part# is 44022AA180 and costs $21.99 at Barber Subaru

·
Registered
549 Posts
the only decent subie dealers nowadays in socal are chino valley and puente hills. those two very mod friendly too. i would say south coast subaru also but they have had their problems lately.

about the spring install.. theres tons of shops around here that'll do it for a lot cheaper than 800 and probably do a better job anyways. ask around in the nasioc / scic section

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I did it myself a few weeks back. Even the local shops were pretty expensive. It may just be this town.

·
Registered
197 Posts
im tell you guys try project import. good peeps. they will take good care of you. mon thru sat 714 538-0680. ask for bryan or steve tell them phil sent you..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts