Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. i know this is probably a retarded question, but is it easy to debadge my trunk? and if i do, am i able to put the badges back on?

-thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used a heat gun on high and it worked well, but the heat did melt some of the lettering, so it won't be very easy to glue it back on should I want to. Be patient and work slowly and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pretty easy just need some fishing line/dental floss, heat gun/hair dryer and some kind of solvent, in my case i used wd-40. Just heat it up and get the line behind it and in a sawing motion cut through adhesive. Dont think you would be able to reuse them since most of the adhesive will be left on the back thats why u need the wd-40.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where could i buy the badges then? because the car is leased so im gonna need to have them back on in 2 years

·
Registered
52 Posts
If its leased just use some glue (not really glue but something like that, you can get it from autozone) and stick them back on....Like you said, it's leased. I'm actually going to put my back on but spell "Subie", kinda corny but whatever

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you can buy the same double sided tape they use (the thin, not-as-foamy kind) and cut it out to the shapes you need... they'd never notice

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
you can buy the same double sided tape they use (the thin, not-as-foamy kind) and cut it out to the shapes you need... they'd never notice
3M make a really good out door double sided tape that isnt super thick.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I love 3M :-*

they make this velcro-ish stuff that's actually the same on each end (not one fuzzy and one hooks) -- it's plastic... it's like industrial strength.... they call it fastener tape or something. really awesome to keep interior panels from vibrating. I used it on another car to re-attach the plastic pieces that surrounded my sun roof (the double sided tape they were attached with wore out)

like I said, it's LIKE velcro but not. it's only one kind of thing... a bunch of "T"/umbrella shaped teeth that all interlock.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i know what your talking about. Ive used it many times in set building.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts