Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have a problem with the windshield staying clear.ive cleaned the windshield many times and just wiped it dry.it still is a pain to see in the sunlight and at night.any suqqestions.if not im gonna call the dealer.thanks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
call the dealer, they had many complaint about it and they received a stuff to clean our window that is supposed to fix the problem from what i heard

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seems pretty common. I've been leaving my windows open at night in the garage, and it seems to be helping.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass. Buff dry with a microfiber cloth or with a crumpled up newspaper.

You may need more than one application--what is clouding your glass is the plasticizing compounds outgassing from the interior trim pieces and condensing on your glass. Over time, they'll slow down doing that.

Detailers recommend Aerospace 303 if you want to treat the trim pieces. DO NOT USE ARMOR-ALL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I am experiencing this... I have been wondering what the HELL has been going on with it, I clean the windows with stoner and it just comes back. I've had the car for about 3 months.

Can anyone confirm what was said by Courteau about the dealer having something that works for the windows.

I have no garage, thus can not leave my windows open.

I can pick up some 303 tonight. Place i used to work sells it for cleaning kayaks and Thule boxes.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
havent stop by a the dealer cause im in singapore for a while right now.... but that info was given to me by somebody working at a dealership in montreal on another forum... i asked im twice and he said their were awared and to just drop by, will do it when i return to canada

·
Registered
182 Posts
Armor-All leads to greasy trim pieces that eventually crack. It is cheap crap.

I used to use stuff called "Something Better," but apparently Aerospace 303 is The Stuff these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts