Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Wanted to say hi...HI! Name's brandon, and I live in the detroit area. Should be taking delivery of my '08 WRX 5-door really soon...and I'm wicked excited about it. Looking forward to being a part of this community...took some time to read through some threads, and y'all seem like good people that know your stuff...and really like your subaru's.

is it wrong that i don't even have the car yet and have already started thinking about what I'm gonna do it it? ;)
-b

·
Registered
421 Posts
welcome! its a never ending journey... getting the car might just be the best thing that happened to you, or worst thing...... ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Best thing for you, worst thing for your wallet :p
anyway welcome and glad you joined us, dont worry, i was a member a bit before getting my car also...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome, its gonna be a moneypit haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonna be a little bit of an adjustment. i'm driving an F-150 now...so i'll have to get used to the occasional limited visibility caused by larger vehicles...on the plus side, i'll be able to pass people without dumping a 1/4 tank of gas ;)

-b

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
gonna be a little bit of an adjustment. i'm driving an F-150 now...so i'll have to get used to the occasional limited visibility caused by larger vehicles...on the plus side, i'll be able to pass people without dumping a 1/4 tank of gas ;)

-b
not sure of that, when i press more on the pedals my car double is consumption...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the truck gets something like 14mpg...maybe...so, that's some suck. i've gotten on it a couple times, and i can watch the needle on the fuel gauge drop while accelerating...not cool

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, sounds like I'll be taking delivery of my WRX on Monday! Couldn't find a Dark Grey within 500 miles...and after that the trucking fees were getting excessive. So, I'm getting a silver 5dr manual with the premium package...and the dealership is throwing in a sport grille...WOOHOO!

·
Registered
243 Posts
awesome you wont be dissapointed but do be prepared to not eat out, go to movies, or other non subaru items for quite awhile.... its worth it!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll take better pics once the weather permits me to keep it cleaner for more than a couple minutes ;)

here she is:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

-b
I just switched from an F150 as well! Had a loaded 04 FX4 Screw. I would have kept it if I had a parking space for it because it was a really nice truck. The HOA in my neighborhood would have summoned me before the Association to explain myself if I left it parked on the street. Did I mention how much I hate CA yet? Anyway, enjoy your new car. I have a stupid smile on my face everytime I drive it, especially after 4 years driving a land yacht.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i get sent out to CA for work, and it's great...for about a week or so...any longer than that and i get angry...and you wouldn't like me when i'm angry ;)

-b

·
Registered
243 Posts
HOA in theory should be wonderfull as to keeping the neighborhood cleasn and all but it only takes a few power hungry jerks to get involved and ruin it all... :mad:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome box, +1 one on the money pit. Once the mod bug bites it is hard to stop LOL. How is the weather there? I am from the Sault Ste. Marie area and lived there most of my life, I didn't miss the winter there till I bought the WRX, now I think I will miss the snow. ::)

Seth

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah I'm mostly kidding. I've lived all over the state for 35 years and I haven't left yet so I can't be all bad. The biggest problem with California is there's too many Californians. I meant laws, too many laws. Oh and taxes, too many taxes. The weather is great though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey piperdriver! it's pretty much just cold here now. we got a couple inches sunday night into monday morning, but all that's pretty much gone now. i know what you you mean about missing the snow. i snowboard, when i can, and i loved winter for that reason alone...looks like i have another reason to love winter ;) couple of the guys i work with were complaining about their drive home the other day...i was like "really, were the roads bad? i didn't notice." ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts