Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
i like it better than the stock look. that insignia/badge just is so obtrusive. the car looks meaner now. i love me some wrb.

does that front plate save you from tickets?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How is the front plate mounted?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know if it saves me from tickets or not but I have had cops wave to me.
its mounted with double sided pads that you use to hang mirrors. Its been on for 9 months and hasnt budged.

·
Registered
568 Posts
if were talking about the grille, it looks great.. if were talking about the front plate, it seems out of place to me.. but to each his own.. good job nonetheless

·
Registered
212 Posts
how did u go about doing this? just sand..prime..paint? what kind of paint did u use?

·
Registered
396 Posts
i like it better than the stock look. that insignia/badge just is so obtrusive. the car looks meaner now. i love me some wrb.

does that front plate save you from tickets?
What's the deal with the blue stripe? Does it mean you have family or are yourself in the force?

·
Registered
174 Posts
did u clear coat it or anything? how many coats did u do??
ALSO did you do only the top part or the whole outter part?

i repainted mine only the top part and used gloss clear coat *on accident* and now it has a glossy look to it, looks kinda wierd cuz the rest is the stock flat type look... owell

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did u clear coat it or anything? how many coats did u do??
ALSO did you do only the top part or the whole outter part?

i repainted mine only the top part and used gloss clear coat *on accident* and now it has a glossy look to it, looks kinda wierd cuz the rest is the stock flat type look... owell
No clear coat and Id say 3-4 coats of paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i love it. i was thinking about doing this to my car but was kinda on the fence because i hadn't seen any pictures of it. will definitely be doing it this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great and enjoyable...I have always liked that grill better than the game grill. Might have to choose one up someday...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts