Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am still happy with my beta unit. I did have a display problem with mine, perhaps a defect, but Andy sent a new display out right away, which I just put in a couple days ago and it is working great.

I did provide some feedback that perhaps the left vent location is blocked by my right hand when using the classic 10-2 or 9-3 positions, the right side vent might actually be more visible though it would be further away. Not a deal breaker for me, since most of the time I am looking at the peak display after I have gotten into the boost.

I am still a bit away from having the A/F readout, I need to have a bung welded in my DP before I install it. Not sure what criteria Andy has for the beta unit to go to production, I know there are a couple units out there to other beta testers, not sure if they have installed yet.

This unit is not any harder to install than a simple boost gauge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Three beta units went out. I think the fit is a winner. I was hoping that I would get a few more installation pics or ‘in the dash’ pics posted up on the forum.

Beta testers do you have any more good pics you can throw up?

Sorry the reply is so delayed to the inquiries about availability. I have been working on the latest version release. I hope to have a few up for sale this week.

How are the beta units/testers doing?

Thanks to wrb08wrx and Power6 for the posts and feedback and the pics!

Check out the latest manual for VBG1 at:

http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20Manual%20for%20V1.04.pdf

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed this gauge this weekend and the Boost reading is way off.. its telling me im running 29PSI on my stk turbo .. REALLY.. hahaha.

Anyone have any idea why it is reading so high? it also is not reading very much vacuum..

I just have my car tuned a weekend and had no leaks and max boost is at 16psi.

let me know ...

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts

This is most likely due to the Power being hooked up incorrectly.

You should tap IG2 for power. IG2 has constant power at startup.

From the manual:

Power should be sourced to the VBG1 before engine start, for most model years IGNITION
power provides proper power sequencing. Some model years (07+) have some ignition lines that
power off briefly at engine start. The atmospheric sampling sequence depends on proper power
sequencing. Please be sure that the proper power sequencing is provided to the gauge.

See page 6 of the manual for more info:

http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20Manual%20for%20V1.04.pdf

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We are exactly like the Legacies, we have an "IGN2" fuse in the fuse box. I used an add-a-circuit in that location to get power for the VBG1 and my gauge works right. Starting the car does not interrupt the startup process, that is key for this gauge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its my fault.. I thought i would take the easy way out and tap in to the wire harness to the head unit for power.. :-\

Im going today and getting that add a circuit and going to do it the right way which i should have done the first time..

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
I love mine seems small in the picture but is very easy to read .

New features are always great I have a beta test model so less features but I love it .
The peak is cool and it works well so far do good .

Well worth the money no pods needed

41 - 55 of 55 Posts