Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was my project for memorial day.spent 4 dollars at home depot for gutter guard and cut it to size.it looks better in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
wouldn't that restrict the air flow

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the edges arent bent .the picture makes it look that way.it fits good in between the plastic housing and the inside of the scoop.anyway its cheaper than 90 dollars for the one on sgp.com!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yes they do... maybe its listed for the STi... but STi and WRX share the same scoop
but keep in mind that the one from SGP is powdercoated so it wont scratch or rust etc

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good job. I might look into that with a little squirt of black paint for good measure.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm not sure were you live but here in Canada in the winter that would get clogged up full of snow and ice really fast.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.i think im gonna paint it this weekend.that is kind of a trial fit to see if it holds in place and whatnot.i like it in but it is fine without it too.i hear yah about the snow issue.might be a problem in the winter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks good! I also think it would look sick black. But, it is your car so you can do what you want :)
Smart idea for protection from rocks and birds/small animals.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update on the scoop insert.i debated about and took it back off.the amount of bugs and such stuck in the damn thing changed my mind.ill leave it open now.just fyi if you are gonna buy the grillcraft one prepare to clean it often.

·
Registered
700 Posts
my IC is covered in bugs and pollen. thats why i bother not to do a mesh insert in the scoop. figured that will get just as dirty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Question on the install, are you taking the scoop out of the hood and sandwiching it between two pieces somehow? Picture of that?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
haha the angle of your hood scoop pic makes it look like you have a masive roof scoop. :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
update on the scoop insert.i debated about and took it back off.the amount of bugs and such stuck in the damn thing changed my mind.ill leave it open now.just fyi if you are gonna buy the grillcraft one prepare to clean it often.
Your better off anyway. It will infact restrict airflow and even though it looks cool, it's more restrictive on your intercooler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts