Subaru WRX Forums banner

diy mesh scoop insert

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  bOLsAK3 
#1 ·
this was my project for memorial day.spent 4 dollars at home depot for gutter guard and cut it to size.it looks better in person.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
the edges arent bent .the picture makes it look that way.it fits good in between the plastic housing and the inside of the scoop.anyway its cheaper than 90 dollars for the one on sgp.com!!

#4 ·
yes they do... maybe its listed for the STi... but STi and WRX share the same scoop
but keep in mind that the one from SGP is powdercoated so it wont scratch or rust etc

#8 ·
thanks guys.i think im gonna paint it this weekend.that is kind of a trial fit to see if it holds in place and whatnot.i like it in but it is fine without it too.i hear yah about the snow issue.might be a problem in the winter.

#10 ·
update on the scoop insert.i debated about and took it back off.the amount of bugs and such stuck in the damn thing changed my mind.ill leave it open now.just fyi if you are gonna buy the grillcraft one prepare to clean it often.

#14 ·
haha the angle of your hood scoop pic makes it look like you have a masive roof scoop. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.