Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at NASIOC and other forums and there are a whole bunch of DIY front lips on WRXs using garage door sealer. Was wondering if anyones done this on the MY08 with the premium package? I'm thinking about doing mine for the hell of it using 3M tape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did that about 5 weeks ago and its still on! it came out great. i will post some pics tomorrow 4 u ;D

·
Registered
549 Posts
ahah i know a bunch of evo guys who has this done.. also heard some subie owners doing it for years now but no thanks fo me.. .hhaha

·
Registered
646 Posts
i like diy lips on the older models..but the premium package has that little section in the middle that isnt the same height..the lip might look wierd right there but if you could double the lip in the middle it might look good

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it would look weird because you'd be putting a lip on a lip (the premium package already has a lip!)

and if you doubled it up you'd be putting a lip on a lip on a lip

weirrrrrd

·
Registered
359 Posts
it would look weird because you'd be putting a lip on a lip (the premium package already has a lip!)

and if you doubled it up you'd be putting a lip on a lip on a lip

weirrrrrd
You usually pay double for that kind of action. ;D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did mine, but halfway through, the ice melted on my hood and got the 3M tape wet. It looked pretty sweet, but had to take it off. Will def do it again when it warms up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ive seen it done nicely and it looks really good (for what it is) but i cant bring myself to put garage door sealer on my 20,000 something dollar car... am i just stuck up?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I gotta see some pics of this on our cars. I do know tihs looks pretty f'ing hot though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
so i did this, and it looks great i think...all of my friends like it, so i guess it must look decent then. ill post some pics of it when i get them off my buddies camera

·
Registered
646 Posts
i dont think it looks to bad for $15 in it.... itll hold me off until something nice comes out. i just double sided taped it, took 10 min to do.... the waves in it arent bad at all now, they came out due to wind, washing, all that stuff...here ya go

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow!! Not half bad at all...kind of impressed actually. ;D

This may have to be my new mod.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i did it , and my friend wvej255 or whatever his name on here is did it...he dosnt have the lip and it still looks good...best 10 bucks ive spend on the car haha

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
very very very nice indeed just got the top place in my mod list :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts