Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had made a custom grille for there 08, Or had any ideas on making a custom one...also i was wondering about removing the back subaru badge i debadged the imprezza part but wasnt sure if the subie emblem had pins attached to it.Any help would be aprreciated

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had made a custom grille for there 08, Or had any ideas on making a custom one...also i was wondering about removing the back subaru badge i debadged the imprezza part but wasnt sure if the subie emblem had pins attached to it.Any help would be aprreciated
I'm thinkin of taking the stock grille, replace the mesh part with a denser mesh. After tat sanding the shiny part of the grille and paintin it matte black. Haven't got down to doing it yet though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm thinkin of taking the stock grille, replace the mesh part with a denser mesh. After tat sanding the shiny part of the grille and paintin it matte black. Haven't got down to doing it yet though.
this is what i've done for mine stock grille

·
Registered
421 Posts
you're my inspiration mike!!!!!!!!! thats almost exactly what i'm thinkin of. great minds think alike! haha nice nice we got to have a Singapore meetup

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yea soon... wait for me in February !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice install man...thats exactly what i was looking for except im going to paint my mesh gold ;D
i think it will look nice against the black car. I was also thinking of installing mesh in the hood scoop somehow and the lower bumper section...should look pretty bling. Any chances of getting a writeup on your install?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice install man...thats exactly what i was looking for except im going to paint my mesh gold ;D
i think it will look nice against the black car. I was also thinking of installing mesh in the hood scoop somehow and the lower bumper section...should look pretty bling. Any chances of getting a writeup on your install?
ok wat did was:
1) of course take out the bumper and remove the front grille.
2) remove all screws and seperate the chorme frame and the grille.
3) in order to keep the subaru stars, i use grinder to cut the grille ( can see from the pics )
4) fix it back on the chorme frame
5) cut n trim the wire mesh, fix it in the grille.
6) drills small holes at the egde of the grille and secure the mesh with small cable tights
7) tape up those areas whch u want it unpaint then paint it. ;D
8) lastly fix it back....

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice, good job, looks great.....maybe painting the chrome part next?

·
Registered
421 Posts
How are you interested in getting this with me...

http://www.body-kit.com/subaru08wrcbodykit.html

Shipping 2 to Singapore might be cheaper hahah

Your ride will then look like a real STI haha
i saw the other post they mention the rear nv come wth the wide body. look unbalance ar.
Well.. yeah.. but i still think it'll look real nice... and i'm still waiting for their stupid sales email to reply my freaking mail. Already sent them a reminder mail haha

·
Registered
0 Posts
How are you interested in getting this with me...

http://www.body-kit.com/subaru08wrcbodykit.html

Shipping 2 to Singapore might be cheaper hahah

Your ride will then look like a real STI haha
i saw the other post they mention the rear nv come wth the wide body. look unbalance ar.
Well.. yeah.. but i still think it'll look real nice... and i'm still waiting for their stupid sales email to reply my freaking mail. Already sent them a reminder mail haha
alrite update us ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice, good job, looks great.....maybe painting the chrome part next?
it doesnt look nice with the chrome part? thought it will look like STi ;D
who said it can't look better than the STi's .... y stop haha
im j/k its your car, dress it up anyway you want, just exploring the possibilities ;D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice install!! Very clean.

·
Registered
954 Posts
wow really good job on the grill, i like it better than the sport grill actually. big thumbs up!! ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the "sport" grill, and put it on myself - now before I did so, I simply removed the two screws holidng on the Subaru badge, and now its just a very plain, clean grill. Its not everyones taste, but I like it

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got the "sport" grill, and put it on myself - now before I did so, I simply removed the two screws holidng on the Subaru badge, and now its just a very plain, clean grill. Its not everyones taste, but I like it
nice i like the clean grill look too!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts