Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to remove my front grille to meddle with it to see if i can customise the stock grille, but i failed. I took all the pins on the top off, but i can't remove what seemed like pins at the bottom of the grille connected to the front bumper..

any help?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
There is 4 clip and 4 screw holding the grill

You already found the four clip on top, the screw are a PITA to get

Dealer install sheet say that the front bumper have to be removed, its pretty easing but i thought it will be long so i just removed the oil pan plastic cover and reached the screw by squeezing my arm between the bumper and the rad

It was easy that way cause i had the car on a lift... i guess if you have to crawl underneath you better just removed the bumper...

i will try to scan the install sheet of my grille and post it here

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I just stuck my arm between the bumper and the grille. I also had a small snowboard tool handy so removal of the screws was simple enough. Hardest part was putting the screws back in... which I never did. Has held strong for a few hundred miles so far.

·
Registered
954 Posts
damn w/o putting the screws in mine didnt line up right, it was all hanging forwards. the install is super easy but prepare to get your arm scraped up!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
anyone have pics of the install?

·
Registered
0 Posts
nice... i'll jack my car up when i'm free!
is much much easier if u remove the bumper
haham meet up and show me... i'll try again when i've gothte timehaha
initially i also force mine hand in unscrew to bring out the grill but when i want to remove my headlight to spray, i still got to remove bumper hahaha... den found remove bumper is much easier. haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts