Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading a thread on NASIOC about failing cats on uppipes causing turbo failure. Do the 08's have a cat on the up-pipe? I wasn't planning on replacing it, but if there is risk of failure I probably will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
rallyshark is correct. The only cars w/ a cat on the up-pipe are 02-05 WRX. No STi year had 1.
Great, well I guess I will have an IAG Uppipe and gasket and bolt kit for sale at the end of September. The only reason I ordered one was because I wanted to replace the pipe with a catless one...

·
Registered
629 Posts
There isn't a CAT on the up-pipe but there is a pipe inside which is slightly restrictive....not terribly but it is smaller than most aftermarket up-pipes. If you're gonna install it yourself I say go ahead and do it!! :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. If you already have it might as well just put it on. I might get one some day, but it's not at the top of my list right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. If you already have it might as well just put it on. I might get one some day, but it's not at the top of my list right now.
Yeah, well... I neither have the time nor the patience to install the up-pipe myself so I would have to pay someone to install it. I will sell it when I receive it next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts