Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a wierd question, but I was wondering if the Legacy GT Intake from SPT fit on my 2008 WRX. Just wondering this, because the techs at the store will void my damn warranty if i put an aftermarket one on, and I'm trying to open my engine up a little bit, but don't want to wait till spring for all the new SPT stuff to come out. If anyone knows about this let me know.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
it should fit, we have the same motor. You might have to make a bracket to solidify the intake so it doesn't have too much wiggle. And I don't think that they can just void the warranty for intake, they would have to show that it caused the problem.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes it would. My intake is a legacy GT intake... you'll need to fabricate (simple 15-30min job) a MAP sensor adaptor. thats all.

The only diff btw the legacy GT and ours' is the map sensor. Even the mounting points are the same.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Very nice. Looks real good, were you able to get a solid mount for the intake. Did you make your own bracket or did you use the one from the legacy?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Very nice. Looks real good, were you able to get a solid mount for the intake. Did you make your own bracket or did you use the one from the legacy?
yeah, the main support the filter has is from the tubing itself. There's only a small support that connects to below the filter. All it took for my mech to put it on was a little bending of the support bar, that came with the filter kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts