Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sure does. Had mine installed a couple weeks ago with my SPT exhaust. Sounds perfect too. here a thread were you can hear it being tuned http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1969.0
Wow that is encouraging! I was staying away from Invidia because I heard a lot of complaints about the flat flange not sealing properly against the SPT/OEM-style donut flange on the catback. I was shopping Perrin and Cobb since their DP's use donut flanges.

So you don't have any leak at that joint? If not, you may have just saved me a $100 or so :)

Oh one more thing, is your dp catted or catless? (sounds great on the vid)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sure does. Had mine installed a couple weeks ago with my SPT exhaust. Sounds perfect too. here a thread were you can hear it being tuned http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1969.0
Wow that is encouraging! I was staying away from Invidia because I heard a lot of complaints about the flat flange not sealing properly against the SPT/OEM-style donut flange on the catback. I was shopping Perrin and Cobb since their DP's use donut flanges.

So you don't have any leak at that joint? If not, you may have just saved me a 0 or so :)

Oh one more thing, is your dp catted or catless? (sounds great on the vid)
I would like to know too...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hey mrroadkill -

Did your DP come with the front gasket? I'm sitting here on a Sunday with a brand new downpipe and I can't get a frick'n gasket.....

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hey I'm getting my Cobb down pipe today and wanted to know if the donut gasket was a pain to get off from the oem cat?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Crap. I've read this a few other places, of course only after I bought the DP. If I have a leak that ends up being a problem I'll probably have somebody fab up a full 3" midpipe or maybe just weld a flat flange one the SPT one. Gonna rig it up along with my new sways this weekend!

·
Registered
345 Posts
its not leaking because of the exhaust its leaking because of the lack of gaskets the spt comes with. Your dealer should provide you with the proper gaskets it suppose to come with so there will be no leakage.

·
Registered
137 Posts
its not leaking because of the exhaust its leaking because of the lack of gaskets the spt comes with. Your dealer should provide you with the proper gaskets it suppose to come with so there will be no leakage.
My mechanic mentioned if he had another gasket it would work. S do you have an idea what I might need.

·
Registered
345 Posts
contact your local subaru dealer they should have the gasket you need

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Eh? If I read it right mrroadkill is leaking at the rear gasket because it's a flat flange mated to a donut type flange. This has been a problem with Invida + SPT in the past. The DP comes with a rear gasket, and I bought a new front gasket so I should have 1 of every gasket I could possibly need/use. I donno maybe I'm reading it wrong....

boosted08 are you having any CEL's or probs with boost creep?

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the UR downpipe that has the flat flange on it. If you buy the 3" flat gasket and then use some red RTV sealant it will seal and hold no leaks for about 4 months now on mine. The flat gasket and red RTV from Carquest was about $10 total. That will save you some $$$ and work great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts