Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New toy!! ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks like butter. HOWEVER, Did you lose your Estimated MPG monitor and the Temp Monitor

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the car in AUX mode.......

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
can you operate it with the on steering controls?? (BTW very nice)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't opt for the premium package......no controls. =( I'm sure you can wire it up to do so.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did you pay for the JDM panel?? I thought about getting one but opted for the Metra.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Chanke, one more ? about your setup, with the JDM piece, did you need anything else to install the head unit?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Chanke, one more ? about your setup, with the JDM piece, did you need anything else to install the head unit?
As far as dash kit and attachment to the car goes, no. The dash panel just clips in like the old one does (you transplant the vents from the old one), and I re-used used the brackets that held the stock headunit in. I had a very small gap at the top of the headunit, so I double-side taped a piece of plastic across the top of the headunit to fill it in. It looks as close to OEM as you could really hope for, which is why I got the D3 in the first place (can change the button colors and stuff), so I wasn't going to half-ass it.
You certainly didn't half-ass it. This is what I will be doing to mine... I've been looking for the answer and this is obviously the one... One more question before I buy it... Is this the part # 317-008-028???

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
there was a local guy who wanted to sell his, I just have to remember who it was ;)

but they shouldn't be too hard to find even if they're not being made anymore...

and even if I can't find it, there are similar HUs out there. in the meantime, I won't die without one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts