Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my down pipe sitting in the den and no time to install it :-\ Now I am thinking of having it installed...

What have people paid for the install?

·
Registered
949 Posts
i just had my Invidia DP and my Megan Racing CBE installed and the shop charged me around 175 or something around that. Wasn't horribly bad. I was gonna install my self just never have time too and always busy with work or something else.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Make time its fun! And they shouldn't charge you more then 2 hours of labor... honestly 1 hour considering they will be using air tools and a lift... took me 2 hrs to do mine in my driveway... so i'd so no more then around $200 or so.... good price around $150

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yeah they are pain less really to put on.. With 2 people mine took way less than an hour.. but 150 dosent sound to bad..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well 150 bucks is 150 bucks. I made sometime on thursday! ;D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where did you go/are going to have this done? I'm looking for a shop in SE Wisconsin for similar work.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Northern California and there is a new shop that has opened in my home town, although now that I have help, I decided to that I am doing the install in the my driveway...

If you are looking for a shop this might be a good place to start...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Have fun with that one nut. People that did this in the driveway know what I'm talking about....Stupid nut.

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you have tools, it's not difficult to do it your self.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Unless you get one bolt and nut that you have to snap off. I did 2 installs and the 2nd one was a pain in the ass. One of the nut and bolt was cross tread from the factory.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I used a grinder! ;D

Came right off LOL!

Then I went to lowes and bought a grade 8 bolt to replace it...

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The bolt that is being reffered to is on the stock DP to the turbo.. its unthreaded from the factory.. Its just one but its enough to make you want to hit something with a 40lb sledge hammer.. Like I said I used a grinder and it came off in mins..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last thursday I bit the bullet and did it my self. I would say the hardest part was getting the freaking heat shield back on! ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
That was easy atfer i trim the heat shield.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is true... there are still like 8 bolts that sucker on, or something like that! pain in the butt!!!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
That is true... there are still like 8 bolts that sucker on, or something like that! pain in the butt!!!

i have to agree lefty...

HEATSHEILD PITA !!!

***EDIT***
i offer this advice to the DIYer's,
i do all my own work on my vehicles. i have an extensive tool collection and i can "turn a wrench" if you know what i mean. having said that.... if you don't have the gear, knowledge, experience, place and tools... get a professional to do it for you. if someone can honestly not jack up a car and put it on stands safely, get someone else do it for you. the $150 labor is WAY better than having a car fall on you, getting metal in your eye or just F'n up things royally.

my 0.02 take it for what it's worth

1 - 20 of 24 Posts