Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang,
The selection of downpipes is getting numerous. I am seeing DP's with, Spliters, BellMouths, Divorced thingy's, cats, no cats, etc....I can't figure out which one to get. I plan on adding a catback down the road and lastly upgrading the turbo. Only thing I do know is: I want one with a high flow cat.

Any advise?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if you are going to upgrade the turbo then I would recommend an open bellmouth with a high flow cat.
Well, I was going to go that route, but I read on RalliTek's site that the Cobb DP had a flange that would only mount to the factory midpipe or Cobb MP?? Did I mis-read something?

·
Registered
103 Posts
well, i will be ordering one, shortly, as soon as i get answers here:p
i know Cobb is Cobb etc... but does that really matter? the price difference is big between downpipes. What about something like megan racing, or some other stuff? i will go with one that does not have a cat, 3" one, what else would i need to mate it to my exhaust system? its stock, will it work? or do i need to get mid pipe and rest of the system? My plans are, in that order:
1.ap
2.dp
3.header
4. pulley
5. water/meth.
6. avo turbo
7. new wife :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will it fit the rest of my exhaust.
I have no idea. I looked at the Cobb as well and it has a 2.5" outlet for the stock exhaust, but it seems to me that it would only be a pinch point if I ever upgraded to a 3" catback...

·
Registered
549 Posts
What sort of tuning are you running with that? I'm interested in that pipe as well.
rallitek stg 2 catless map

1 - 12 of 12 Posts