Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had severe problems getting the top downpipe bolt, furthest to the passenger side off. me and my friend both have tried to remove that bolt on ours and it threads off about halfway then just locks, we ended up cutting his off with a grinding wheel, we have used cans of wd40, huge bars for leverage, air tools, everything. and they will not budge, its this way on both of ours, is it this way for anyone else.. anyone else had any problems with the devil bolt?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ended up cutting mine off with bolt cutters...it just seized up...the rest of the bolts were easy to come off

·
Registered
190 Posts
mine were very tight. The very exact bolt you are talking about snapped. Must be torqued to like 500lbs haha.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I didn't have problems with any of the bolts. All a bit tight but came off with a little ass behind it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine were very tight. The very exact bolt you are talking about snapped. Must be torqued to like 500lbs haha.
yepp thats what im talking about..and its just that one..its rediculous

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didn't have any problems with mine, although we used a breaker bar on all of them. We had done this on a bunch of cars before though so maybe that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts