Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well in my search for a new dp i have seen alot that say 02+ wrx... tho i see alot that are only for certain years.... anyone got any input on the subjet... are the exhuast setups that much diffrent between the 08's and the others? or are they the same and the comp. are jst trying to get more money outa us by making a new one for the 08's?

·
Registered
700 Posts
the previous years are different. prices are so high because there isn't alot of company's making them yet once more are offered on the market prices will come down. prices are high for products on all new cars.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I would think the DP itself is the same but the catback wouldn't be the same due to the car's length

but yeah I could be wrong, I haven't seen it in person to confirm... just saying it makes sense due to the engine being the same

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
humm would be great if the 07 leg one bolts right on.... means i would go buy that shit today hahahaha

but im not trying to spend 2k on a TBE and AP...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it's worth checking out if you have a local dealer

the DP SHOULD be exactly the same. I don't see why they'd change it.

even if it isn't exactly the same, the only difference would be minor and a welder or muffler shop could fab up something to make it work out

would be cheaper than an 08 wrx downpipe

·
Registered
126 Posts
seriously? Have you searched at all on the net?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
nah I haven't searched or anything but I know the engines are the same in the 08 WRX and the 07 Legacy

I don't plan on getting a downpipe for a while.

·
Registered
549 Posts
won't the 07 legacy DP work? same engine as the 08 impreza...
the downpipe for the legacy gt 05 and up will work for the 08 wrx.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
So the Legacy DP length and shape is correct to align with the catback? I hadn't seen that anywhere

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
So the Legacy DP length and shape is correct to align with the catback? I hadn't seen that anywhere
yes

Subaru gave us a slightly better engine in the 08 WRX - the engine from the Legacy

that's why the 07 WRX/STi stuff doesn't work at all aside from things like radiator caps.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
perrin for 08 WRX:

megan for 07 legacy:

note it isn't separated... but aside from that YES it should work... I'd be interested to see actual photos of each item side by side -- the megan one looks twice as long as it should be

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm still a little skeptical but I hope you're right. The Megan Racing DP is for sale everywhere for less than $200.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm skeptical too -- the engine IS the same FOR SURE and the DP will mount to the engine side of things 100%

only thing I'm worried about is the other end (the flange looks like it's at the wrong angle) and the length of the DP (the Impreza is a shorter car)

I would say if you want to save money, go for it, and if it isn't perfect, you can have a muffler shop fix it or fab up a catback.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm this is something i will have to look into i think i am going to have to ask a shop around here if they know anything about this.... and if i find anything out ill let u know... but then again it might beworth the 200 for the leg dp and then have a muffler shop fab me up a cbe... it would make things alot cheaper just not sure i want a stupid sounding cbe... :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts