Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interesting in doing a group order on downpipes? They are the largest restriction in power for the WRX. Also, what one would you like? (Cobb, Ultimate-Racing, Perrin, etc.) Also, Catted or no Cat? I prefer Cobb with Cat, post here and we will take a tally.

·
Registered
752 Posts
good idea. just need to decide on one.

i prefer catted as well.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ultimate-Racing
Metal Cat - $525
Ceramic Cat - $425
No Cat - $325
Perrin
Front Section Catted - $339.99
Rear Section Catted - $329.99
Total - $669.98
Cobb
No Cat - $495.00
Cat - $595.00 - Found one for $565.00

Rallitek
AVO Catted - $599.99

Those are the ones that I have found so far.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ultimate-Racing
Metal Cat - 5
Ceramic Cat - 5
No Cat - 5
Perrin
Front Section Catted - 9.99
Rear Section Catted - 9.99
Total - 9.98
Cobb
No Cat - 5.00
Cat - 5.00 - Found one for 5.00

Rallitek
AVO Catted - 9.99

Those are the ones that I have found so far.
+1 UR Ceramic. not a bad price

my alt would be Cobb

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the same. I looked at the UR and it looks like just a custom type job, like a Ma & Pa muffler place would do. I was thinking the Cobb might be a bit better. But it is $120 more, and I am not sure if it is worth it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was thinking the same. I looked at the UR and it looks like just a custom type job, like a Ma & Pa muffler place would do. I was thinking the Cobb might be a bit better. But it is 0 more, and I am not sure if it is worth it.
I also think that Cobb has a better one. But the UR is still a 3" with no unnecessary bends and a high flow cat. That's good enough for me and also 0 more that i can spend on something else.
how many buyers do are needed for a group buy?

Cobb no cat. i found a site selling them for 5 i dont think shipping was included tho :-\
i would rather have a catted one.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to have catted as well. I think that if we can get 5 on board then I think that we can get a pretty good discount.

+1

·
Registered
752 Posts
2 for UR catted?

is anyone else interested in the UR one?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not only that, but with a turbo you have to have some backpressure, thus the point in getting a catted dp.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a quote for the Downpipes.

To ship to Singapore will be $210 for FedEx Priority. A little expensive for shipping. Then you have the cost of the downpipe.

For the Catted ones it is $385 shipped

For non Catted it is $300 shipped.

Let me know.

·
Registered
421 Posts
wait a minute, its 300 shipped? thats a good price.. which means 90$ for the downpipe only?

If it is, i'm really really interested!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$300 Shipped within the US. Singapore will be a bit more, $210 for shipping only plus the Downpipe.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My shop checked the welds that they do on their exhaust and he was impressed. They do good work. So I don't doubt that their dp is any different. Also, I talked with my shop and he told me that unless you are racing the car there is no need to get a catless, plus he told me that you can burn up the O2 sensor. Just food for thought.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts