Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of ordering up a downpipe, but am not sure which to get. I was gonna get the Perrin because it seems like a quality piece, but the Cobb unit is $70 cheaper. The difference I can see is Perrin's has two cats versus one on the Cobb. I do want a catted DP, so Invidia and TurboXS are out. Anybody else make one with cats?

If I got the Cobb, I could get it and their heat shield and still come out less than Perrin's...

Thoughts?

Rob

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Many other companies do
The ones for all LGTs fit. Even on STis we have put them on.
Harman Motive
Invidia does have a catted
Vivid Racing
AVO
TurboXS
There are others

Just keep looking and take your pick. Divorced or not, ceramic vs metallic, 1 vs 2 cats, upper vs lower position, tapered end to fit OEM midpipe or not. 3" 4"<--I've seen this somewhere but can't remember off hand. Then compare by price.

Hope this helps you expand your choices

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why try a Megan Racing DP instead? They make one for the mt LGT and that should bolt right up. Its also only $200 so its more than 1/2 the price of either the Invidia or the Cobb.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Why try a Megan Racing DP instead? They make one for the mt LGT and that should bolt right up. Its also only 0 so its more than 1/2 the price of either the Invidia or the Cobb.
I was under the assumption that Megan had not yet made a catted version. However, most companies as well as Megan are comparable in terms of pricing for non-catted dp.
Just another option to consider.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm on the verge of ordering up a downpipe, but am not sure which to get. I was gonna get the Perrin because it seems like a quality piece, but the Cobb unit is cheaper. The difference I can see is Perrin's has two cats versus one on the Cobb. I do want a catted DP, so Invidia and TurboXS are out. Anybody else make one with cats?

If I got the Cobb, I could get it and their heat shield and still come out less than Perrin's...

Thoughts?

Rob
Get the Cobb.

Cast bell mouth = hold heat better and extra 02 bung is on the bell mouth for tuning.

I have it and love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts