Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Dwhite's build journal- The Black Cat

I recorded a few of the pulls, you cant even really hear the ewg over my exhaust lol
[video=facebook;255223704498007]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=255223704498007&saved[/video] pull 1
[video=facebook;255224347831276]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=255224347831276[/video] pull 2
[video=facebook;255225291164515]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=255225291164515[/video] pull 3

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

Nice!! Glad to read more personal preference/experience with this FMIC. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Your welcome- tell brian to start giving me a commission lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Well I installed a JL component setup in my car, I was going to go with a Focal setup, but this sounded very similar, but had more base, and was $100 less. Here's what it looks like

I'll be writing a diy in a few min tonight.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Annnnnnnd heres some pics of the new gauges, EWG, and ecbs.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Go up and I have some dyno pull videos from my facebook posteeeeed

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

EL headers are installlled! Sounds like a evo now, but me likey. It was honestly too loud before.
It felt a little peppier on the butt dyno, but I cant really romp on it until my clutch either totally burns, or recovers (I hope, it only has 16k on it)
This puts me right around 340-345 whp.

Also finally got a replacement amp for my burned out one, I can finally power both my sub and comps, the sub combined with the components up front is freakin amazing!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: Dwhite's build journal- The Black Cat- BC COILS INSTALLED WHOOOO

Alright got the bc coils installed last night, I left the fronts at factory 8 clicks, softened the rears two clicks. If I have to Ill soften all four another 2-3 clicks, we will just have to see.
I would post up pictures but the car is dirty, so that will come in a day or two.
Best investment ever, a portapower hydraulic ram.
No more monkeyfucking around with prybars and shit, just put it on your rotor and the top of you wheel well and pump. Turns a 3-4 hour job into a 1-2 hour job.

·
Registered
777 Posts

So how is the ride on your BCs? Your car looks great! Is the EWG annoying for daily driving?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Much, much better than stock struts with lowering springs.
It felt like I was getting smacked in the ass with a 2x4 every time I hit a damn bump. These are more stiff, but smoother if that makes sense? Instead of jolting over the bumps, it just absorbs it. They arent as comfy as bone stock, but with these and the sways, and strut braces, Im pretty darn happy.

As for the EWG its not annoying at all. It opens up at 10psi, and by the time you get there your hauling ass and want to hear it anyway. No sound at all from daily driving, it is nice though because there is NO boost lag anymore, with the IWG gone it instaspools.
The ELH and 3" duals also kinds drown out everything else lol... ;D

I can post up an in cab video if needed?

And thank you very much sir, its good to hear.

·
Registered
777 Posts

I've heard some EWG vids that sounded super mean, but it seemed like it could get on your nerves for DD. You're on stock turbo right? I'm planning on Bilsteins eventually. I still haven't heard a concrete comparison between them and the BCs.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts

I've heard some EWG vids that sounded super mean, but it seemed like it could get on your nerves for DD.
do you regularly drive your dd constantly WOT or boosting to 10-15psi? i'm ewg dumped/vta and have full boost available to me in every gear sans 6th, and even when i feel like pulling off from a red light with some gusto, i don't hear my gate open. although, my spring pressure is set to 15psi. but when you really want to take off and do drop the hammer, boy, watch out!

·
Registered
777 Posts

Haha, no I don't. I have to admit I've never ridden in a car with one either. I am however intrigued by the idea of one. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts

Haha, no I don't. I have to admit I've never ridden in a car with one either. I am however intrigued by the idea of one. ;)
hahaha, yeah, i don't think most people do. driving a car with one installed with the pressure you are likely to run on your setup, would be a great idea! it's quite fun and the benefits on some builds is great!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Monkiboy is right, honestly, on average, I hear it maybe 3 times a day?? I DO have the 44mm one though, they are a wee bit more quiet.
Even on the stock turbo, if feels amazing. I remember I took another member from the forum on a ride at the big subie meet we have up here. Shes at 298whp, I was at 315 at the time, and it completely blew her mind as to how different the two cars were. Its almost violent when you punch the throttle, vs normal lag.
Go ask a local shop to take a ride- Im sure they would be happy to show off!
So bilstein coilovers? I didnt know they made em? Or bilstein struts?? If they are full coils- do it! I used to be really into the 4x4 scene- and bilsteins went on everything I drove, they are a great product.
If its just struts, I dunno? I like the idea of the coils/struts being valved/designed around for each other. If you have different rates, how do you know they will last or perform well? But Im not much of a car suspension upgrade person.
Monki-jesus 15 psi? Your a beast.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts

Monki-jesus 15 psi? Your a beast.
it has nothing to do with performance, it's just the size spring i'm running in the diaphragm. usually, a tuner wants a bit more than half of the tuned peak boost.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

So your at 25-27psi?

·
Registered
777 Posts

I was talking about the Bilstein struts and RCE springs, not coilovers. They were designed/valved with those springs in mind, so they are supposed to be great.

I tried searching youtube for a vid of an EWG plumbed back into the DP, but can't seem to find the right keywords to bring up what I want, haha.

21 - 40 of 450 Posts