1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80 degrees amb temp, 1800 ft above sea level
Car has 1800 miles on the clock

08 hatchback

I can't believe that the perrin stage one is putting out 280tq... that is just crazy.

NEW... link to youtube... my car putting out 392/348

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not very happy with the torque numbers. ???

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Tq does seem a lil low for stage 2 ???

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry for the question... but what it OTS? and are those numbers to the wheels? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry for the question... but what it OTS? and are those numbers to the wheels? thanks
of the shelf... as in not tuned for your specific car but tuned for a general staged upgrade.

those should be wheel numbers

i feel that's low for the tq and slow spool compared to perrin's results. however, different dynos/tuners/car/altitude/xfactor

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Pretty much all dyno numbers you will see are at the wheel unless other wise stated.

So did you flash your ECU to Stage II and then put it right on the Dyno? If so those numbers will probably be a little low, you should give your ECU about 100 miles or so to relearn... The car will feel different after a while.

Cobb has not been known for their agressive tunes, but they do have safe maps. I think of the Cobb OTS stage II is a limp map or a base map, something to get your car around, let your ECU learn, that way you can see how your car is reacting to the upgrades in a consertative fashion and then you have a good base to work off of... IMO that if you go stage II you should take the extra step and get the protune. That way the map is created for your car and depending on the tuner the car can be tuned to your driving style. With a good tuner you should see numbers like the Perrin Map or better...

Congrats on stage II ;D ;D

·
Registered
190 Posts
thats not too bad. As long as you can feel the car is faster than you should be happy. Heck why do you need numbers to tell you how fast your car feels. Butt dyno FTW haha.

The whp is pretty impressive though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
get a full turbo back exhaust. Since you only have the DP the exhaust is still being a huge restriction. I think you will see a huge gain if you have a whole TBE. Otherwise those gains are pretty good for just a dp if you ask me.

Les

·
Registered
190 Posts
another question what type of gas are you using. More specifically what octane 91,92,93, or 91ACN?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts