Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to PDX tuning today.
08 hatchback :
Stock except for a Cobb Accesport with Perrin stage 1 93 octane. so roughly 220 HP 280 lbs torque. I was hoping to see the 226 hp and 299 lbs of torque that Perrin showed but not every car is the same I know that. Time for a turbo back and some tuning

·
Registered
359 Posts
sweet its nice to see some numbers man that's insane considering the cost of an AP!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
btw.. Is that the 93 octane Perrin map only?? PDX didn't touch it right only dynoed it ?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That 93 octane with the Perrin tune really puts down some amazing stage I numbers...

Congrats...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw.. Is that the 93 octane Perrin map only?? PDX didn't touch it right only dynoed it ?
this is Perrin's off the shelf map. this car has never been tuned and your right PDX only put her on the dyno. I was hoping to do a stock ecu base line before i installed the Perrin map but I work 8-5 M thru F like all of the shops. I was hoping to do my dyno done at Perrin but they said it will be a few more months till they start doing that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks good. Was this pull in 3rd gear? Keep us apprised on future modifications and results if you dyno again.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm curious how my 91 octane map will do I should get my AP on Friday.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'm curious how my 91 octane map will do I should get my AP on Friday.
Hey Socal... I am assuming that you are putting it on a Dyno... If so what type of Dyno? I am asking cause I just had mine on a Mustang Dyno, and pulled some VERY BIZZARE numbers off of it. (I am putting together a write up on that situation right now).

·
Registered
359 Posts
I gotta be honest I have no clue what I'm gonna do, I guess the idea was to just load up Cobb's ACN91 map and let we rip. I know Crawford performance has a dyno that bolts to your wheel studs I'm pretty sure its not a mustang dyno. They however usually tune a/EcuTek reflashes

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nice numbers. Too bad we can't really do a baseline w/ Perrin tune because of the 100mi thing.
Maybe run with perrin, then reflash back to stock?
That would be interesting huh?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
sorry to bring this back up top but there is something worth noting here. The dyno the OP was on was a PDX mustang dyno, and the dyno used by Perrin was a dyna pack. So the numbers that the OP got are actually very good.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The duplicity of Perrin's dynos have been pretty reliable. They stand by the gains so we all know that they aren't using different tunes when they post on their site as well.

I jsut think they gotta work on the throttle tuning, their throttle map seriously bug me :p

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice numbers

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nice numbers
I just took a look at your Nasioc post for Stage II, man are they a bunch of tools. WTF? You had a legitimate concern. And your concerns were valid considering there was that STi posted graph from the same location. Granted there is a 5% variability factor from the dyno in comparison to others I've seen 202whp for stage 2 is pretty unreasonable for the same exact dyno (same shop) that shows an STi with 280+whp.
I am not saying theres anything wrong but your concerns deserved merit not flaming from Unabomber.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You can't ask anything in Nasioc without flaming. I found out some stock STI dyno info at the place i went. Stock sti was throwing down peak torque number of 240 ft/lbs at 5200rpm and 240 WHP. I supplied the link below and you can see the TQ graph and the owner answer the peak WHP on the bottom of the page. I guess that dyno gives really low readings. But in any case I'm happy with my numbers. I am planning to get protune but can't make up my mind about getting a turbo upgrade with the fuel upgrades as well.

http://www.dentsport.com/2008/10/23/exhaust-tune-adds-150ftlbs-on-sti/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts